This post was kindly sponsored by Blue Harbor Fish Co. All opinions, ideas, and recipes are mine alone. #BlueHarbor
If you love tuna (and I do), you are going to fall madly in love with this fast + easy Tomato + Avocado Tuna Melt. This recipe is so good. And good for you, too. Made with fresh avocado, wild albacore tuna, tomato and cheese, this recipe is perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
And is it just me, or is everything on an English muffin 10 times tastier than normal? Yeah, I thought so, too.
Get back on track with this yummy tuna melt recipe.
Tomato + Avocado Tuna Melt
Tuna is a great ingredient for keeping your budget and your diet in check. There are endless ways to incorporate wild albacore tuna into your meal routine. This Tomato + Avoado Tuna Melt is a yummy way.
You may remember Blue Harbor Fish Co. Wild Albacore Tuna from our Thai Tuna Lettuce Wrap recipe.
Blue Harbor tuna contains three ingredients: Tuna, water, and sea salt. If you are cutting back on sodium, they also offer a no salt added option.
Blue Harbor tuna contains sustainably-caught wild Albacore tuna. What does that mean?
The fish are 100% line caught using methods to safeguard seafood supplies for the future. Click here to learn more about Blue Harbor Fish Co. products.
To make this recipe, just mash the avocado together with the tuna. Then, add a squeeze or two of fresh lime juice plus salt and pepper to taste. This tuna melt recipe comes together like a dream. All it takes is a few minutes and you’ve got yourself a delicious and better for you lunch option.
Top each muffin half with a portion of avocado and tuna mix, top with a slice of fresh tomato, and sprinkle with cheese. That’s it.
This recipe is listed as less than 30 minutes, but it is more like 15.
Think of all the ways you can make a tuna melt with Blue Harbor Tuna:
- Add a little chopped red onion for more color and crunch.
- Skip the tomato and add sliced mushrooms.
- Save a few more calories and swap the jack cheese for parmesan.
- Cutting out all bread? Replace the muffin with a slice of sweet potato (this will increase your cooking time).
- Is it just me, or does a fried egg on top of this sound amazing?
Love this recipe? Check out more of our ideas:
The golden + melty Monterrey jack cheese is the perfect topping for this fresh tuna melt.
Blue Harbor tuna is great for lunch or a quick meal. You can find it at your local grocer in pouches (no draining needed) or cans.
Blue Harbor comes from Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified fisheries and is dedicated to the sustainability of the world’s fish supply. The MSC is an international non-profit organization established to safeguard seafood supplies for the future.
This recipe idea was sponsored by Blue Harbor Fish Co. As always, But This Cook That only promotes products that we use and trust.
Tomato + Avocado Tuna Melt
- 6 ounces Blue Harbor Fish Company Wild Albacore Tuna
- 1 avocado
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 4 English muffins split
- 1 to mato sliced
- 1 cup finely shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with a fork. Add the tuna, lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Place the English muffin halves onto an ungreased baking sheet. Evenly portion the tuna and avocado mixture onto each English muffin half. Top each with a tomato slice and cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then broil for 2 - 3 minutes until the cheese is golden and the edges of the muffins are toasted.
- Serve warm.