This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions, recipes and ideas are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
We are turning the flavor all the way up with these Mexican-inspired Gameday Sub Sandwiches. Layers of meats, cheeses and veggies with bold pops of peppers and salsa verde. My favorite part? Sharing this with my football-crazy family and friends. You’ve gotta try this sandwich with our creamy and tangy Salsa Verde Sandwich Sauce.
Mexican Gameday Sub Sandwich with Salsa Verde
This is a SANDWICH. I mean, big time, big flavor, bold and yummy sandwich. You’d better make two to feed your raving fans, because this saucy gameday recipe will head toward the end zone fast.
Grab up everything you need at your local Walmart. You can find all of the ingredients for this delicious tailgating recipe at a great price.
You are going to love this tailgating recipe. Be sure to check out all of our Gameday Favorite Foods right here.
Want my tips on how to assemble an awesome tailgating treat for gameday?
- The Basics: You can never go wrong if you cover the basics that everyone loves. For this recipe, we went with classic ham and turkey, two types of cheese, and lettuce and tomato.
- The Unexpected: Bring your own players to the game. Don’t settle for standard pickles and mayo. Top your Mexican Gameday Sub Sandwich with a new twist. Our picks? Chipotle peppers, tamed jalapenos, avocado and black olives.
- The Condiments: Sure. You could be normal and spread on some mayo and mustard. But why would you after you try our fast, easy and amazing Salsa Verde Sour Cream Sauce. Make it with Pace® Salsa Verde for a kick of flavor that never disappoints.
We toasted our sub bread before assembling our sub sandwich. Then we spread on Southwestern flavor with our salsa verde sauce. Top that with canned chipotle peppers and you have the start of a beautiful gameday meal.
Layer your sub sandwich high with fresh meats, cheeses and veggies. The fresher the better.
For this Mexican-inspired sub sandwich we topped ours with pepper jack and cheddar. You can’t taste it now, can’t you?
Here are more party recipes you wanna check out:
Tip: Go with tamed jalapenos. This way you get the pickled jalapenos flavor without the heat. This is especially important when serving this to a crowd.
Top off this portable gameday recipe with a generous helping of 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde Sauce.
You can make our quick and easy sauce with any Pace® flavor:
- Pace® Salsa Verde (my favorite)
- Pace® Picante Sauce
- Pace® Chunky Salsa
Pace® brand is always bold and you can do so much more than just dip it. Make your own sauces, toppings and recipes using the bold, Southwestern flavor and kick your flavor up to 11.
I use it in rice, on chicken, with breakfast. It is our family’s favorite. Pick up your favorite Pace® products at Walmart in store or online. Pace® has an Ibotta® offer available at Walmart! Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®!
(Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.)
Ready for your favorite Pace® products? Hover over the photo above and click to purchase at Walmart!
Now get ready to slice and serve these flavorful and bold Mexican Gameday Sub Sandwiches. The bread topped with salty and savory deli meat, sharp cheese, crunchy veggies and all that flavor. So good.
p.s. The home team wins. How are you going to ban the bland with Pace®? Get recipe inspiration here.
Mexican Gameday Sub Sandwich with Salsa Verde
- 1 Large sub loaf of bread flat Italian style will work best
- 1 cup Pace® Salsa Verde 24 oz.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 lb deli sliced sandwich meat
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 to mato sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 chopped chipotle peppers canned type (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup tamed jalapeno slices
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Stir together the Pace® Salsa Verde and sour cream in a bowl. Set aside.
- Carefully cut the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Toast in a 350 degree oven if desired.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the Salsa Verde Sour Cream Sauce on the bottom half of the bread. Top with the chopped chipotle peppers.
- Layer the sliced deli meat, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and avocados. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese, a generous amount of the salsa verde sauce, sprinkle with black olives.
- Top with the other half of the bread.
- If taking this to a game, wrap tightly in wax or parchment paper and keep chilled. Slice before serving.