This post has been sponsored by Borden® Cheese. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
If your family is anything like mine, they LOVE hash brown casserole. Just wait until they try this recipe. Flavored with ranch and lots of cheddar cheese, this potato side dish is going straight to your keeper file. The best part? Cheesy Ranch Hash Brown Casserole is perfect for all of your holiday dinners but easy enough to serve any weeknight.
p.s. Rumor has it this recipe is great for breakfast. 🙂
This is the BEST Hashbrown Casserole!
When holiday time rolls around, nothing beats a classic hash brown casserole. Bites of hearty potatoes, crisp little edges, and cheese! Lots of cheese for me, please. Imagine a warm, melty dish of this recipe at your Thanksgiving table. Or, how about Christmas breakfast? Yes and yes.
For this recipe, we wanted BIG cheese flavor. Want to know how we got it? We picked Borden® Cheese Thick Cut Shreds. You can find them in convenient packages in the refrigerated section of your local Food Lion.
Because we wanted classic, cheesy flavor, we picked the sharp cheddar variety. Borden® Cheese offers several options, like Mild Cheddar, Cheddar Blends, and more. The choice is yours.
Ingredients Needed to Make Cheesy Ranch Hashbrown Casserole:
- Borden® Cheese – we used sharp cheddar
- Sour cream
- Cream of mushroom soup – canned or homemade
- Ranch mix – the dry seasoning
- Frozen shredded hashbrowns – you can also use cubed style
- Butter – melted
- French fried onions – for extra crunch and flavor
Don’t you love how simple the ingredients are? Using a mix of fresh and convenience ingredients makes this super easy to throw together during the holiday season. No worries, it tastes like you spent all day making it. Everyone will want your recipe.
I love the thickness of the Borden Thick Cut Cheese Shreds. You really get the cheddar flavor in every bite instead of it disappearing into the dish.
TIP: This recipe makes 12 servings. It is easily cut in half for a smaller meal, or doubled for a large holiday gathering.
My daughter loves this hashbrown casserole so much, y’all. I think your family will love it, too. The zesty ranch seasoning pairs so well with the cheese and potatoes.
How to Make Hashbrown Casserole:
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray an 8×12 baking pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together Borden® Cheese, sour cream, soup, and ranch mix until well combined.
- Next, fold in the hashbrowns–working from the bottom to make sure the cheese mixture is well incorporated into the potatoes.
- Transfer the hashbrown mixture to the prepared baking dish. Pour melted butter evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle the top with more Borden® Cheese and add French fried onions.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until the top is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
So easy!! There is no guesswork in this recipe. The tanginess of the cheddar cheese combines with the ranch flavor, so there is no need to add additional seasoning.
TIP: You can make this recipe ahead of time to make the holidays even easier. You can either chill in the fridge until it is time to bake or make this hash brown casserole and freeze it. Simply thaw in the fridge the day of serving. (If making ahead of time, add the onions just before baking.)
Using Borden® Cheese Thick Cut Shreds makes cooking even easier. It is perfect for all of your holiday creations that call for cheese. Look for their fine shreds, too. Everything you need for a delicious holiday season is at your local Food Lion. I love shopping at Food Lion for the great selection of products that I use.
Love Cheesy Recipes? Try These:
The perfect bite of hash brown casserole is when you get a bit of crispy, golden edge with that melty goodness—the tangy creaminess of the tender potatoes inside…gah. Classic holiday comfort food at its best.
What are your family’s favorite holiday dishes? We would love to hear about them, so leave us a comment at the bottom of this post.
Cheesy Ranch Hashbrown Casserole
A tried and true family favorite! Perfect for all of your family gatherings, this hashbrown casserole is loaded with flavor.
- 3 cups Borden® Cheese Thick Cut Cheddar divided
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 21 ounces cream of mushroom soup 2 regular sized cans
- 1 ounce dry ranch seasoning mix 1 package
- 32 ounces frozen hashbrowns
- 1 stick butter melted
- 3/4 cup French fried onions
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray an 8×12 baking pan with non stick spray.
In a large bowl, stir together 2.5 cups of the shredded cheese, sour cream, soup, and ranch mix until well combined.
Next, fold in the hashbrowns, working from the bottom to make sure the cheese mixture is well incorporated into the potatoes.
Transfer the hashbrown mixture to the prepared baking dish. Pour melted butter evenly over the top.
Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese and add French fried onions.
Cover loosely with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until the top is golden and the cheese is bubbly.