AAAAAAAAAhhhhmaaaaazzing! These Fresh Apple Oatmeal Muffins are so incredibly simple and tasty. Fresh tart granny smith apple in warm and wholesome oatmeal muffins. Yum up your breakfast. Oh and we got just the right amount of cinnamon and spice in these easy breakfast muffins. Where’s the butter?
You better grab one of these Fresh Apple Oatmeal Muffins while they are still warm…or they might be gone.
I can generally tell how much my family loves a recipe by how long it lasts.
These Fresh Apple Oatmeal Muffins may have set a new family consumption record. They were gone in a flash!
This easy breakfast recipe made the list of my youngest daughter’s favorite recipes.
You could probably make these with applesauce, but I had just one granny smith apple left. Perfect healthy addition to these oatmeal muffins. I bet these would be delicious with raisins, cranberries, pineapple, or pears. 🙂 Oh, and if you love this flavor combination, try our Apple + Walnut Steel Cut Oatmeal. Yummy!
If you don’t want tough muffins (and trust me, you don’t), do not over stir the batter. You want to add the dry ingredients into the wet and gently stir my hand until the batter is just damp.
Lumps are good. Dry spots are ok. By the time you fold in your fresh apple the batter will be perfect.
Everyone will hop right out of bed once they smell these apple oatmeal muffins baking in the oven.
Make your day amazing with a delicious breakfast:
[clickToTweet tweet=”Everyone will hop right out of bed once they smell apple oatmeal muffins baking in the oven.” quote=”Everyone will hop right out of bed once they smell these apple oatmeal muffins baking in the oven.” theme=”style3″]
Of course you want to let your muffins cool. Just a little. If you can stand the wait. These are best served warm, and guess what? I couldn’t wait.
Fresh Apple Oatmeal Muffins are moist and crumbly, cinnamony and sweet…and even better with butter.
Fresh Apple Oatmeal Muffins
Fresh Apple Oatmeal Muffins are incredibly simple and tasty. Fresh granny smith apple in warm and wholesome oatmeal muffins. Breakfast yum!
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 apple peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers (or spray with butter flavored non stick spray). Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, melt butter and let cool slightly. By hand, stir in the buttermilk, egg, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Stir until the batter is just combined, do not overstir.
- Gently fold in the diced apples.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, filling each cup two thirds full.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle is clean.
- Serve warm with butter.