Crazy about cranberries, yes I am. You will be, too as soon as you taste your first sip of our warm + cozy Spiced Cranberry Apple Cider. And we have a little "grandma" trick up our sleeves with this seasonal apple cider recipe. Cinnamon candies! This is the holiday beverage everyone will love. And it is so easy. Just pour everything into your crock pot and warm it up.
Spiced Cranberry Apple Cider makes me happy.
Grandmothers know what's up. Plus they don't mind when you steal their ideas and share it with the internet. Like using cinnamon candies in your apple cider. (Thanks, Grandma Ruthie!)
Using cinnamon candies is brilliant. You get the cinnamon spice and the right amount of sweetness without having to add any sugar.
Of course, we didn't stop there. This warm winter beverage is full of the flavors of the season.
- Cranberry juice - I prefer the 100% juice.
- Apple cider
- Cinnamon candies - Red Hots are the ones I use.
- Fresh cranberries - You can use frozen in a pinch.
- Cinnamon Sticks
Get the complete recipe at the bottom of this post.
To make this warming Spiced Cranberry Apple Cider:
- Combine equal parts cranberry juice + apple cider in a large crock pot.
- Stir in cinnamon candies. (The little Red Hot type.)
- Heat and stir to dissolve candies.
- Add fresh cranberries, oranges and cinnamon sticks.
- Stir and keep warm.
In the Christmas Spirit? Learn How to Make Rustic Christmas Decor using cranberries in about 5 minutes. Or, make this Natural Holiday Wreath for less than $5.
Can't you imagine sipping this on a cold winter evening by the fire? (Or heater. I won't judge you if you don't judge me.)
The kids raved about this fragrant apple cider. (My youngest kept putting her nose the steamy cup and inhaling the cinnamon, cranberry and apple smells.) As you can imagine, this apple cider simmering away in the slow cooker makes your house smell just like Christmas.
If the adults would like, this can also be mixed with a splash of cinnamon whisky or a little rum. Drink responsibly.
More seasonal recipes you might like:
Variations + Ideas:
- Skip the cinnamon candies if you find them too "spicy".
- Change up the fresh fruit. Feel free to try your favorite citrus slices, fresh pineapple, apples or cherries. Yum!
- There are so many delicious cranberry juice blends. Try them out and let us know what you think.
- Mix with a little rum or whisky for an adult-only warm cocktail.
So jot this Spiced Cranberry Apple Cider recipe down (or print it out below) and share it with your family and friends this holiday season. And enjoy every single sip.
Happy Holidays from everyone in my family to you and yours!
Warm + Cozy Spiced Cranberry Apple Cider
- 8 cups cranberry juice
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1 cup cinnamon candies Red Hot type
- ½ cup cranberries
- 1 orange sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Pour the cranberry juice, apple cider and cinnamon candies into a large crockpot. Heat on high, stirring often to dissolve the candies.
- When the cider is heated through, stir in the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low or warm and simmer until time to serve.