“What’s for dinner, honey?” The inevitable question. The question I live for. Knock your Honey’s socks off with these tender, sweet and tangy Honey Bourbon Pork Steaks. The sticky sweetness of honey combined with smooth barrel-aged bourbon is a perfect basting sauce for grilling pork.
Honey Bourbon Pork Steaks…this is what you cook when you want a smooch.
I’m serious. As much as I live for food, I also like to get smoochies from my hubs.
Honey Bourbon Pork Steaks got me a smooch. Win!
Ok, ok, enough about the smooches. Back to the food.
If you have been following my blog, you have probably figured out by now that I am crazy about sauces. I love cooking with sauces, making sauces, dipping my food into sauces. I’m just a little saucy.
It doesn’t take much to whip up your very own homemade sauces at home. Most of the time, you can create one from your pantry basics.
What do you mean, bourbon whiskey isn’t a pantry basic?
[clickToTweet tweet=”What do you mean, bourbon whiskey isn’t a pantry basic? ” quote=”What do you mean, bourbon whiskey isn’t a pantry basic? ” theme=”style3″]
Use a little or use a lot. We went with half a cup.
If you like this sauce, click here to get the recipe for Wild Blackberry BBQ Sauce.
A little (or lot) of bourbon, a good swirl of thick and sweet honey and a few more spices and seasonings will help you get your sauce on. And possibly a buzz.
I kid. This recipe is completely family friendly because the alcohol content is cooked out during simmering. You are left with the smooth and unmistakably unique taste of bourbon.
This deliciously easy Honey Bourbon sauce is also great on chicken, ribs, or your favorite grilled meat.
As much as I am crazy about sauces, I’m also crazy about pork steaks. You can usually find pork steaks (also called a pork blade steak) at your local grocer cheaper per pound than a typical pork chop.
They are a very versatile (and inexpensive) cut of pork. Give them a try the next time you are in the pork section. Yummy.
BONUS: This recipe for pork steaks is quick and easy. Sauce? Too easy. The sweet and tangy pork steaks cook fast on the grill.
So don’t save this recipe for the weekend. Make it any night of the week for a yummy surprise for the family. Paired with your favorite salad or side dishes, this meal will be a hit.
Here are some recipe suggestions :
Don’t you love these pretty grill marks? If you struggle with getting the perfect grill marks, here is a quick lesson.
Trust me, if you can do the Electric Slide or Cupid Shuffle, getting primo grill marks is a breeze.
Isn’t this so yummy looking? I hope you love this Honey Bourbon Pork Steak recipe and make it for your family soon.
Or for yourself. I won’t judge.
Honey Bourbon Pork Steaks
- 6 large pork steaks or pork chops
- 1/2 cup of bourbon whiskey more or less to taste or strength of bourbon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus additional for seasoning pork
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper plus additional for seasoning pork
- Heat grill to 400 degrees. Lightly season both sides of the pork steaks with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan. Heat to low boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Place pork onto the grill. Cook each side until browned and there are grill marks, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Brush the prepared honey bourbon sauce onto the pork steaks, turning and brushing both sides. Cook, baste, and flip until the pork is done.
- Refer to package cooking instructions for internal temperature guidelines, or visit www.usda.com. Cooking times will vary based on thickness of meat, type of meat, and grill type and temperature.