Butter Basil Grilled Corn on the Cob is an easy preparation that uses 3 ingredients. THREE. That’s it. A perfect side dish for summer. (Or anytime you can get your hands on fresh sweet corn.) Fragrant basil and salted butter poured over grilled corn. Simply amazing.
How to Make Grilled Corn on the Cob with Butter + Basil
Corn and butter go together like Forrest and Jenny, that is nothing new.
But bring basil to the party, and you have a new way to enjoy grilled corn on the cob.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Corn and butter go together like Forrest and Jenny, that is nothing new. But bring basil to the party, and you have a new way to enjoy fresh sweet corn.” quote=”Corn and butter go together like Forrest and Jenny, that is nothing new. But bring basil to the party, and you have a new way to enjoy fresh sweet corn.” theme=”style3″]
On the grill, of course. This is our preferred method for preparing sweet corn. However, you can also prepare your corn on the cob any way you please.
Here is a quick link on some other ways to prepare corn on the cob. You can boil it, foil it, roast it, or nuke it.
You can even cook it over a campfire. Check out our post for Gourmet Getaways in Australia on how we made Campfire Corn Salsa over a campfire. Yummy stuff.
When the corn is cool very carefully peel back the layers of husk and silk.
Corn lovers, refrain from eating this until we are done. I know the temptation is hard. Heck, some of us like to eat it raw straight off of the stalk. (Speaking for a …let’s call her…a friend…)
Click here for more easy side dishes:
Now, showtime! Melt your butter and stir in the freshly chopped basil. The longer you let it sit, the stronger the basil flavor will be. Adjust the amount of butter and basil to your preference. Me? I love the basil so bring it on.
Not only is this an easy recipe, it is also beautiful to serve. Full of the fresh flavors of summer, this will be a hit at your next cookout.
Me? I could make an entire meal out of Butter Basil Grilled Corn on the Cob
Butter Basil Grilled Corn on the Cob
A simple way to prepare sweet summer corn on the grill, then tossed with melted butter and fragrant basil.
- 6 ears of fresh sweet corn in the husk
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Soak corn for atleast 30 minutes in cold water. Drain.
- Heat grill to medium high. Cook corn on the grill until browned on all sides, rotating every few minutes. The corn is done when you pull back the husk and the kernels are tender.
- If desired, you can place the shucked corn back onto the grill bare for more smoky flavor.
- Combine the melted butter and fresh basil in a small bowl.
- To serve, place the shucked grilled corn on a tray and pour the basil butter over the top.
- Serve HOT!