This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions, recipes and ideas are mine alone. #BackToButterball #Collective Bias
Drop the pastries, people. THIS breakfast recipe is real food. Wholesome, cheesy and protein-packed, our Turkey Vegetable Breakfast Bake will quickly become a family favorite. Mildly seasoned ground turkey, eggs and cheese combined with colorful veggies, this easy recipe tastes just like an omelet. (Without all the fuss.) My favorite part? You can make it the night before to save time on your busy mornings. Just create, bake, and refrigerate.
Turkey Vegetable Breakfast Bake
This recipe is just in time for the craziness of our Back To School life! Seriously, this has been a big year for us. Our oldest daughter starts her first year of teaching. Our middle daughter starts her freshman year of college. And our youngest daughter? Well, she gets her first locker this year in middle school.
Major family moments! With a super busy life, making time for breakfast is sometimes a struggle.
Our suggestion to get you back on track? Try this Turkey Vegetable Breakfast Bake. Make it on Sunday evening and your Monday morning will be a breeze.
(Offer expires 10/31/2017 or while supplies last, so HURRY!) Find this product in the fresh poultry section of your local Walmart store.
Our easy Turkey Vegetable Breakfast Bake is made with a healthier breakfast alternative. Yes, Butterball. Butterball is best known as the main course at Thanksgiving dinner, right? They also offer a wide variety of quality turkey products, including fresh, raw ground turkey.
You can use ground turkey in so many recipes (think turkey burgers, meat balls, even sloppy joes). Plus, Butterball is all natural with no artificial ingredients.
For more delicious recipes and inspiration from Butterball, click here. Be sure to check out their recipe for Turkey Stuffed Peppers. That’s an easy healthy dinner recipe I am making soon.
Our breakfast bake recipe uses a dozen eggs. Yep. This breakfast casserole will make about 8 to 10 servings (depending on the age of your family). So make this for a crowd or your large family. It is also great for smaller families, as it creates two or three days of breakfast on the go.
More breakfast recipes you’ll like:
Whip those eggs until they are light and fluffy. Then, add the goodies. You know…cheese! The possibilities of flavor are endless. Pick your favorites. We went with mild cheddar. (Next time, I’ll try it with Monterrey Jack.)
Cottage cheese, fresh tomatoes and black olives are also mixed in for extra color and flavor. This is going to be so good. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the top of the ground turkey mixture. Stir to combine and pop in the oven.
Turkey Vegetable Breakfast Bake is loaded with protein (over 40 grams per serving), and relatively low in carbs. If you want to cut back a little more here are some suggestions:
- Cut the butter by half to cut more calories
- Reduce the amount of cheese by half to reduce calories and fat
- Double the amount of ground turkey for major protein-boost
- Use non-fat cottage cheese
- Add more fresh vegetables for added nutrients
Doesn’t this look so yum? The lean Butterball ground turkey is so good. All of those bright and colorful vegetables with the eggs and cheese, too. Your family will love this recipe. Mine did!
This Turkey Vegetable Breakfast Bake can be served two ways. Cut it into serving sized squares and serve on a plate. Or, for those super busy mornings, crumble it. It makes an excellent filling in a spinach wrap or tortilla for yummy breakfasts on-the-go.
Turkey Vegetable Breakfast Bake
- 1.25 lb package of Butterball Fresh Ground Turkey 85/15 blend
- 12 eggs
- 16 oz 2% cottage cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 small tomato diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2.25 oz can sliced black olives drained
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 6 TB butter melted (divided)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8x12 or 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Over medium high heat, cook the bell pepper and onion until tender. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned and no longer pink. Remove from heat, drain, and return to the skillet. Stir in half of the salt, all of the chili powder and garlic powder.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until they are light and fluffy. Quickly whisk in the flour, baking powder, black pepper and remaining salt.
- Add the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, remaining butter, diced tomatoes and black olives to the egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture on top of the browned turkey. Stir in the baking dish to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until the center is set. (Baking times will vary based on size of pan and oven.)
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares or serve with warm flour tortillas and salsa.