This recipe for chicken spaghetti is kindly sponsored by Rico's Products. All recipes, ideas, and opinions are my own. #RicosCheesePlease
Everyone will want a second helping of this casserole. This dinner recipe for Mexican Chicken Spaghetti is loaded with cheese sauce, tender chicken, hot pasta, diced tomatoes and simple smoky spices. You can take this recipe to parties, potlucks, or enjoy as a weeknight family dinner. We'll also show you how to make it mild or turn up the heat.
Mexican Chicken Spaghetti
When two of my favorite foods come together, I am a happy camper. This easy casserole recipe is a blend of Mexican flavors baked with cheesy spaghetti. We're sticking this recipe into our regular menu plan, because it is that yummy.
Want to know the secret to our rich, cheesy pasta? Rico's Premium Cheddar Cheese Sauce. You can find it at your local Walmart grocery store in the canned goods section.
We picked the savory Rico's Premium Aged Cheddar Cheese Sauce for this chicken spaghetti recipe.
I wanted easy and convenient, and all I had to do was pop open the can for creamy, smooth cheese sauce. I can't wait to use it for nachos, cheesy soup recipes, and pasta.
Here are the other Rico's varieties you can try in your recipes:
- Queso Blanco
- Gourmet Nacho
- Condensed Cheddar
- Hot & Spicy Cheddar
How to make this Chicken Spaghetti recipe:
Mexican Chicken Spaghetti really is a "throw together" casserole. Here's how:
- Prepare the spaghetti according to package directions for al dente. You don't want the pasta to be mushy.
- Drain the pasta, leaving a small amount of the cooking water. Return the cooked spaghetti to the pot.
- Stir in Rico's Cheese, cream of chicken soup, and chicken stock.
- When smooth, fold in diced tomatoes, green chiles, black olives, lots of cooked chicken, and spices. We used chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, and Mexican oregano.
- Transfer to a buttered baking dish and bake for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot!
You can mix up the flavor of this chicken spaghetti recipe by using a different flavor of Rico's. Look how thick and cheesy it is. No shredding, no waiting for it to melt. Just delicious cheesiness right out of the can.
We used chopped rotisserie chicken for extra roasted flavor. You can also use canned chicken, leftover chicken, whatever you'd prefer. Use a total of 4 cups to make sure there is chicken in every bite.
Our recipe is perfect for family night. If you like it on the spicy side, here are our tips:
- Double the amount of chili powder and add cayenne pepper to taste.
- Add a few more spoonfuls of your favorite hot sauce to the cheese sauce.
- Use hot green chiles or jalapenos for a pop of bold flavor.
- Try Rico's Hot & Spicy Cheddar variety. Love it!
If you love this cheesy recipe, try these:
Cheesy Stuffed Zucchini
Buffalo Chicken Mac + Cheese
Tex Mex Taco Skillet
Pimento Cheese BLT's
You can make this recipe for chicken spaghetti unique by adding your favorite Mexican stir-ins like black beans, corn, and diced onion.
We made it with the help of Rico's Cheese. We will be using it again soon. I've got a great idea for a Queso Hamburger Cheese Soup that is going to be out of this world good.
Our recipe makes a full 8x13 sized pan. You can certainly divide it into two 8x8 pans and make one for now and save the other for later. (Great make ahead meal!) Get our complete recipe and instructions at the bottom of this post.
Serve Mexican Chicken Spaghetti alone or with a side dish of corn on the cob and a green salad for a hearty family meal. We can't wait for you to try this recipe.
Love this post? Sign up for the Buy This Cook That Newsletter for a weekly email of new content. You can also follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram for our latest + greatest ideas!
Mexican Chicken Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti
- 15 ounces Rico's Premium Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 21 ounces cream of chicken soup (two cans)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce optional
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 4 ounces green chiles undrained
- ½ cup black olives sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the melted butter in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions to al dente. Drain, leaving a small amount of pasta water in the pot. Return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the cheese sauce, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth to the pasta. Stir until smooth and creamy. Add the spices and stir.
- Fold in the cooked chicken, tomatoes, green chiles, and black olives.
- Transfer the mixture to the buttered baking dish. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Leave a Reply