Think outside the box people. The pancake box. I know, I know, it is just so easy to grab that box and add water, and we will never judge you for the shortcut. We get it. But it is so easy to make the best pancake recipe ever using simple pantry basics. These homemade pancakes come out light and fluffy, buttery and crispy on the edges, and just the right amount of sweet.
Your family will know the difference. Especially when you make them extra special with our Honey Cinnamon Syrup.
The BEST Pancake Recipe with Honey Cinnamon Syrup
Start by combining your dry ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs separately. Add eggs and melted butter to the milk and vanilla. Then slowly add it to the dry mixture.
Stir by hand to combine but do not overwork the batter. Do not use a hand mixer. Doing so will make your cakes tough. This is one of the secrets to tender pancakes...just mix until just combined. Lumps are totally ok, and actually are good.
Let the batter sit for 10 minutes. This gives the baking powder time to bubble up, which gives you that perfect pancake texture.
Heat oil to medium high in a large non stick skillet or griddle. Make sure your oil is hot. If you cook pancake batter in oil that is not hot enough, the cakes will absorb the oil and they will be greasy. (I always test my oil by adding a drop of water to it. If it spits and sputters and pops, the oil is ready.)
Pour ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Watch carefully, and flip when the cake is bubbly and the edges start to turn brown. This will take about 2 (ish). Flip, cook another 2 minutes until golden brown.
Need more Breakfast Ideas?
Turkey Vegetable Breakfast Bake
Cheesy Breakfast Biscuit Pizzas
Apple + Walnut Steel Cut Oatmeal
Lemon Chia Seed Muffins
Farmer's Oven Baked Omelette
Raspberry Ricotta Pancakes
Continue until all batter is gone. This recipe makes about 18 pancakes.
If you have any leftovers, wrap in wax paper and store in freezer in a freezer safe bag. Reheat in the toaster or microwave for busy weekday mornings. IF you have any leftover.
For the syrup, combine syrup, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon and butter. Microwave in 15-second increments until butter melts. Stir after every 15 seconds.
Serve your best pancake recipe while still warm with butter and honey cinnamon syrup. Talk about a wonderful way to start your day!
Best Pancakes Ever with Honey Cinnamon Syrup
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 TB sugar
- 2 TB baking powder yes, 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- ¼ butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Vegetable or canola oil for cooking
- Butter for serving
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 TB butter
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder).
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup, combine wet ingredients (eggs, butter, milk, vanilla).
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry mix. Stir slowly until just combined, leaving lumps. Let batter sit 10 minutes.
- In a hot non stick skillet or griddle, heat vegetable or canola oil over medium high. When oil is hot, cook batter in ¼ cup sized amounts. Cook approximately 2 minutes until top is bubbly and edges are golden brown. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes. Repeat until batter is gone.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, corn syrup, lemon juice, butter, and cinnamon. Microwave in 15 second increments, stirring after each. Continue until butter is melted through.
- Serve pancakes and syrup warm.
Leave a Reply