This post has been sponsored by Tyson®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This is my new go-to. If you are looking for a nutritious and delicious lunch or dinner idea, this is it. Think easy. Fast. Flavorful. Filling. Southwestern Chicken Avocado Bowls are also perfect for your weekly meal prep. In just a few minutes you can have this meal ready. A combination of tasty shortcuts, homemade elements, and fresh toppings makes these chicken avocado bowls one of my new faves.
Let’s Make Southwestern Chicken Avocado Bowls
This better-for-you recipe is so easy you won’t believe it. Or maybe you will. I hope you will remember it the next time you are tempted to grab take out.
Southwestern Chicken Avocado Bowls are totally adaptable to your family’s favorite ingredients. And trust me, your kids will be crazy about this meal, too.
Grab Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Chicken to make these chicken avocado bowls. They are in the refrigerated section of your local Kroger. They make meal prep so easy. After the craziness of the holidays, I need SIMPLE and EASY, don’t you?
This is our tasty shortcut. (Thank you Tyson® and Kroger.)
Follow the package directions to heat Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Chicken. You can quickly microwave them or toss them in the skillet. Too easy.
Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Chicken has no preservatives and is made from chickens that have been raised with no antibiotics and no added hormones. Remember, this recipe is a better-for-you option.
(And easier for you, too. That’s my favorite part about this product. It has made my New Year routine healthier and easier. No more take out for me.)
The chicken is fully cooked and perfectly seasoned. All you do is heat and eat. I also picked up a couple bags of Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Chicken to take to work. This helps me resist the take-out temptation.
Now for the homemade element. No worries, nothing over the top for this easy recipe.
To make our chicken avocado bowls a little more amazing, we added traditional Southwestern ingredients. We quickly fried black beans, sweet corn, bell pepper with chili powder and other seasonings. Just stir and fry until the beans are heated through, the corn is browned slightly, and the sweet bell peppers are crisp-tender.
This is a warm + colorful addition to your chicken avocado bowls, so don’t skip this part.
Fresh topping time! Avocados are a must for Southwestern Chicken Avocado Bowls. The rich creaminess of fresh avocado slices brings this whole dish together.
This is where you can go mild or wild. For our recipe we used:
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced green onions
- Fresh cilantro
Here are more ideas to make Southwestern Chicken Avocado Bowls your own creation:
- Sliced jalapenos
- Salsa verde (one of my personal favorites, low cal = major flavor)
- Fresh greens (especially if you are going low carb for the New Year)
Grab everything you need at Kroger. And don’t forget your Tyson® Fully Cooked Grilled + Ready Refrigerated Chicken Breast Strips. (Also in Fajita Flavor, Southwestern Flavor, Oven Roasted and Original.)
We stirred together canned chipotle peppers and sour cream for a quick topping. So good. A nice bright burst of smoky sour cream with a bite of tender chicken, rice, and avocado. Yum!
If you need more (easy) delicious recipes, here are more of our ideas:
Southwestern Chicken Avocado Bowls are easy to meal prep, too. Get everything ready and portion into lunch-sized bowls for your work week ahead. (Or keep everything on hand in your fridge, heat and eat.)
Southwestern Chicken Avocado Bowls
- 2 packages Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Chicken
- 2 - 3 avocados sliced
- 14 ounce can black beans rinsed + drained
- 14 ounce can kernel corn drained
- 1 red bell pepper seeded + diced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooked rice or quinoa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 canned chipotle pepper chopped
- Optional toppings:
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped green onions
- Fresh cilantro
- Prepare the Tyson® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Chicken according to package directions.
- In a skillet, cook the beans, corn and bell peppers in the oil. Stir in the chili powder, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Cook and stir until the peppers are crisp-tender. Set aside.
- Stir together the sour cream and chipotle peppers.
- Arrange your bowl with a serving of cooked rice (or quinoa), sliced chicken, avocado, and bean mixture. Top with the chipotle sour cream.
- Add fresh chopped tomato, green onions, and cilantro if desired.