This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions, recipes, and ideas are mine alone. #SimplyAvocado #CollectiveBias
My family is crazy about deviled eggs. No joke. You put down a platter of this Southern classic side dish and they are GONE. I decided to mix things up a little with something different. Avocado! Part of me was thinking “This is perfect, why haven’t I made avocado deviled eggs before?” The rich, smooth avocado is the perfect addition to a traditional Southern-style deviled egg
Southern Style Avocado Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are a regular happening at our house any time of year. For the holidays, they make a terrific side dish or appetizer. They also are a fast and easy snack or light lunch for work or school.
And avocado deviled eggs are no exception. Think of your deviled eggs in a whole new way. So creamy and full of fresh avocado flavor, they are amazing.
What inspired me to make these eggs?
WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™ Dip + Spread. You can find it in the produce section of your local Walmart. There are two flavors, Garlic Herb and Sea Salt.
Of course, I grabbed them both. Because …well…avocado. My family also happens to be crazy about avocados. I personally love it on my sandwiches. (And avocado toast is having a moment, too.)
For this avocado deviled egg recipe we stick with some Southern must-haves, too. A little dollop of mayo, sweet pickle relish and a pinch or two of this and that are combined with the egg yolks and SIMPLY AVOCADO™ spread.
BONUS: All of the deviled eggs get a generous helping of creamy avocado. No skimpy deviled eggs on this blog!
The color from the avocados is gorgeous, like they were scooped fresh but without all of the fuss. The green avocado blended with the yellow yolks makes a pretty shade of green. (Great for holiday festivities.)
Love this recipe idea? Check out more deliciousness:
To jazz up our Southern Style Avocado Deviled Eggs just a little more, we stirred in some chopped pickled jalapenos and sprinkled them with smoky-sweet paprika. Because that’s just what we do.
Can’t wait to explore more recipe ideas using WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™. It is a wholesome avocado dip and spread that is pure in flavor. Great substitute for fresh avocado. You can follow them on Facebook for the latest information and news.
Plus SIMPLY AVOCADO™comes in a convenient package and is totally portable. Think lunch on the go. Love. (I brought some with my lunch today.)
Southern Style Avocado Deviled Eggs
A delicious take on a classic deviled eggs with wholesome and nutritious fresh avocado.
- 12 eggs
- 8 ounce package WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™ with Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar optional
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Pinch of black pepper
- In a large pot, bring approximately 2 quarts of water to a boil. (Use enough water that will over the eggs.) Once the water starts to boil, gently lower the eggs into the pan. (I use a ladle or a large spoon.)
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Cook for 12 minutes. Drain the eggs and place them in a bowl of ice water. When cool, crack the eggs gently against the counter on all sides. Remove the peels under running water.
- Dry the eggs and slice them in half. Carefully remove the yolks.
- In a small bowl, combine the yolks and WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™ with all other ingredients except the paprika. Stir until smooth and well blended. Taste and re-season as desired.
- Spoon the avocado mixture into a plastic baggie. Twist the bag and snip off one corner. Evenly pipe the avocado mixture into the egg white halves.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika over the top and serve.
You can leave the mayo out if you prefer, but these are Southern Style...so...mayo.