One of the benefits of working where I do (my real job at the office) is that my co-workers are amazing in the kitchen. No, seriously. When we have office parties , we know how to throw down. We have bakers. We have crock pot queens. We have cornbread aficionados. But this is one of my faves : Veggie Pizza. I cannot claim ownership of this awesome appetizer recipe. All of the credit, 100%, goes to a lovely and talented co-worker of mine. Seriously, Mrs. T is the queen of all things crafty and delicious. Everyone else goes crazy over cupcakes. I’m crazy about this Veggie Pizza. Creamy, savory, and full of colorful and crunchy veggies.
(And cupcakes. So don’t stop bringing the cupcakes, ladies.)
This Veggie Pizza Appetizer will be a hit at your next party! Or tomorrow. Who needs a party?
When Tracy brings this to our work parties, I pig out.
First, I get a normal serving like every one else. Then, when no one else is looking, I eat another piece. (Later, I come up with reasons to get up from my desk so I can go into the kitchen just to get my hands on more of this Veggie Pizza.)
I had to have the recipe!
First, you roll out a sheet of crescent dough onto a baking sheet. Here is a link to one of my favorite non-stick baking sheets from Amazon. (Don’t you love Amazon? They have everything. Literally.)
Then pop it into the oven for a few minutes until golden brown. Then let it cool. Completely. If you try to go to the next step while the crescent layer is still warm, the cream cheese will melt.
(Cream Cheese is the king of party appetizers. Here is another fast and delicious party appetizer recipe, BLT Cheese Ball.)
The cream cheese layer is probably my favorite part of this Veggie Pizza. I know, I know, I should be going on and on about the healthy vegetables like carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. But I have to be honest…I dig the cream cheese and ranch.
Oh. My. Gracious. Yum!
Use whatever vegetables you would like. Pile them on!
We had carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower on hand. Here are some more delicious combinations for your veggie pizza:
- Chopped red bell pepper and green olives
- Diced fresh tomatoes and spinach
- Thinly sliced zucchini and radishes (pretty!)
- Shredded purple cabbage and fresh parsley
If you are a fan of cauliflower, and who isn’t, you should check out our Balsamic Whole Roasted Cauliflower.
Lighten this recipe up a little if you want. Opt for the reduced fat cream cheese and light mayo to cut some calories.
You can even spice your Veggie Pizza up by adding some Sriracha or your favorite hot sauce into the cream cheese and mayo mixture. This easy recipe has endless possibilities.
But this one is my favorite!
Using a pizza cutter, slice your Veggie Pizza into serving sized pieces. We went with classic pizza triangles, but you can make tiny squares.
Veggie Pizza is an fast and delicious recipe that is easily doubled for a crowd. (Or if I am around…hint hint!)
Veggie Pizza Appetizer
A fresh veggie party perfect appetizer with tangy cream cheese. Made easier with premade crescent dough.
- 1 package crescent sheet roll
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 cups chopped vegetables combined
- 1/2 oz dry ranch dressing mix about half a package
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll crescent dough out onto a baking sheet. Bake according to package directions until golden brown (about 12 minutes). Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, mayo, and ranch dressing mix. Spread evenly on the cooled crescent dough.
- Sprinkle the chopped vegetables on top of the cream cheese mixture. Press the vegetables gently into the cream cheese.
- Cut into serving sized pieces and serve immediately or chill.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.