Ok, we are giving up our best pasta sauce recipe. Simply Awesome Pasta Sauce.
We rarely ever buy jarred pasta sauce. Nothing against it, I love fast as much as the next person. But it is so easy to make your own basic tomato sauce that can be used with pasta, as a marinara, or on pizza.
Yes, this easy and flavorful tomato sauce is one of my all-time favorite go-to recipes.
You are going to love our Best Pasta Sauce Recipe
Our family uses it to dip cheese sticks in. I also use it for chicken parmesan, lasagna and manicotti. Boil up your favorite pasta and boom, there’s lunch. You can add meat to it, you can simmer fresh veggies in it.
It is excellent with zucchini, on cauliflower crust pizza, on French bread pizzas. We also use it in our Spaghetti Casserole. YUMMY!
Some of you may want to turn it up and drink it.
When we make it, I usually double the recipe, so I have enough to store in a mason jar in the fridge or the freezer.
Oh, and it is very inexpensive to make. When I find crushed tomatoes on sale, I buy a bunch.
Love pasta, don’t you? Here are some of my personal favorite pasta and sauce recipes:
Feel free to experiment with your own spices, although I’ve found the combination in this recipe is just perfect.
You control the sugar and the sodium. Less is more. If you use fresh herbs, add them closer to the end.
If you like your simply awesome pasta sauce “simply spicy”, no problem. Add in some hot peppers or red pepper flakes.
Want it with garden vegetables? Just chop some up and let them simmer in the sauce until tender.
I have also made this pasta sauce recipe completely from scratch using fresh tomatoes from our summer garden. We will post that method here another day. Very time consuming, but totally worth it. Nothing like a homemade pasta sauce from garden tomatoes that you grew yourself.
Simply Awesome Tomato Sauce - The Best Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or a combination of basil, oregano, parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet, heat minced garlic in oil over medium heat. When you can smell the aroma of garlic cooking and it just starts to turn golden, add the crushed tomatoes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Yep. That's it. So easy and delicious.