Simply Awesome Tomato Sauce - The Best Pasta Sauce Recipe
This is one of my favorite recipes to make for pasta. A simple pasta sauce made from crushed tomatoes, garlic, and pantry spices.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 7 Half Cup Servings
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or a combination of basil, oregano, parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
In a skillet, heat minced garlic in oil over medium heat. When you can smell the aroma of garlic cooking and it just starts to turn golden, add the crushed tomatoes.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Yep. That's it. So easy and delicious.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 57kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 332mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 10.6mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1.6mg