Deliciously fruity, this Sparkling Red Wine Sangria is so easy to make and even easier to relax and enjoy. Go ahead, picture yourself with a chilled pitcher of fresh fruit swirled with a citrusy, red wine. This make ahead sangria recipe is perfect for back yard cook outs and porch parties.
And right now. Right now is good.
Sparkling Red Wine Sangria
I had you at red wine, didn't I? This red wine sangria recipe is so easy, and I have a feeling you are going to fall in love at first sip.
Sangria punch is an easy cocktail recipe to throw together with red wine, white wine...sparkling or not sparkling. It is all up to you. For this red wine sangria recipe, I used what I had on hand because I was in the mood for fruity booze.
Ingredients for Sparkling Red Wine Sangria:
- Dry(ish) red wine
- Brandy or rum
- Oranges (juice + zest)
- Chilled ginger ale
No sangria is complete without fresh fruit. You can use oranges, limes, cherries, grapes, berries, apples...whatever you love. For Sparkling Red Wine Sangria, we picked some of our favorite fruits: juicy oranges, crisp-tart apples, and sweet peaches.
I recommend using a crisp type of apple like Pink Lady, Gala, Granny Smith. The apple slices will stay firm and crisp. You can use ripe yellow Georgia peaches or the firmer white peach. Nectarines are also a great choice.
The flavors of the red wine meld with the sweet fruits for a glass of oh-so-yum flavor.
To boost the citrus flavor in the Red Sangria, we added freshly squeezed orange juice and the zest of one orange. The aroma of this sangria will have all of your taste buds ready for a tall, cold glass.
Once the oranges, apples, and peaches are prepared in the pitcher, it is wine time! Pour chilled red wine over the top. Look how gorgeous the color is in the red sangria.
Stir the wine, fruit and juice together until combined. Place the pitcher in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. The longer the fruit and wine blend together, the better it will be, so feel free to make this red wine sangria recipe the night before.
Many sangria recipes call for the addition of additional liquor. This is a totally optional addition. You can use brandy or rum. To keep it light, leave the liquor out. To make it more boozy, add it.
Looking for more Drink Recipes:
Strawberry Mint Rum Cocktails
Rum + Peach Sangria
Tropical Lemonade Mocktails
How to (Teach Your Significant Other To) Make a Mojito
Ruby + Rosemary Prosecco Cocktail
New Orleans Hurricane Cocktails
Before serving, pour chilled ginger ale or club soda to the top. Gently swirl the fruit and wine to blend and serve cold. This sangria recipe is so good, so refreshing, you won't be able to resist.
Be sure that everyone gets a generous amount of wine-soaked fruit in their glass. The fruit makes a luscious + indulgent snack. The juicy oranges are infused with red wine. The crisp apples have a boozy bite. And the peaches? Heavenly!
Step-by-Step Instructions to make Sparkling Red Wine Sangria:
- Juice and zest one orange.
- Prepare and slice fruit.
- In a large pitcher, combine juice, zest, fruit, red wine and liquor.
- Stir and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Before serving, fill pitcher to the top with chilled ginger ale.
- Swirl and serve!
Love this post? Sign up for the Buy This Cook That Newsletter for a weekly email of new content. You can also follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram for our latest + greatest ideas.
Sparkling Red Wine Sangria
- 4 cups red wine chilled
- ½ cup brandy or rum optional
- 2 oranges
- 1 apple
- 1 peach
- 3 cups ginger ale more or less as needed, chilled
- Zest and juice one of the oranges. Set aside. Slice the other orange into rounds, then cut the rounds into quarters.
- Wash and core the apple, leaving the peel on. Cut into rounds, then cut the rounds into quarters.
- Wash the peach and remove the pit. Slice the peach into quarters.
- Pour the orange juice and zest into a large pitcher. Layer the fruit pieces on top. With a spoon, gently muddle the fruit.
- Add the chilled wine and stir. Refrigerate for at least one hour up to overnight.
- Before serving, pour chilled ginger ale over the fruit and wine, swirling gently to combine. Serve with fruit garnish if desired.
Leave a Reply