This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. This content is for readers who are 21 and over. #MixUpYourSummer #CollectiveBias Msg 4 21+
My favorite summer cocktail of all time is a classic Bacardi rum mojito. I love the light + refreshing flavor of lime and mint with smooth white rum. Combine a signature rum cocktail with fresh, summer blackberries to take these bubbly cocktails to a whole new level. Blackberry Mojitos capture the flavor of summer.
Blackberry Mojitos are officially my thing.
If you love mojitos you have to give these Blackberry Mojitos a try. The sweet, ripe blackberries blend perfectly with the classic flavors of lime and mint to create a new twist on a classic.
This recipe for blackberry mojitos is great for entertaining, parties and cook-outs. They are also perfect for any summer afternoon when you want to kick back and relax with a delicious cold rum cocktail.
Here’s what you will need to make blackberry mojitos:
- Bacardi Superior White Rum
- Fresh blackberries
- Lime wedges
- Mint leaves
- Brown sugar
- Club soda
- Crushed ice
There’s only one rum I use to make mojitos, and that is Bacardi. Bacardi rum is the world’s favorite and most awarded rum. I like it because of the smooth, light flavor that tastes great with fruit.
Bacardi Superior Rum was made to mix. Did you know they’re partnering with Live Nation again this summer for a chance to win concert tickets and festival passes? Click here to learn more and enter the Bacardi Live Nation Summer Sweepstakes. #SoundOfRum #DoWhatMovesYou
Step-by-step instructions to make Blackberry Mojitos:
- In a metal cup, muddle together blackberries, lime wedges, mint leaves and brown sugar.
- Add Bacardi rum and muddle some more until the sugar has dissolved.
- Slowly add in chilled club soda and swirl gently.
- Pour over crushed ice.
- Garnish with a blackberry, fresh mint and a lime wedge
Get the complete recipe with specific amounts at the bottom of this post.
You can use white granulated sugar if you prefer, but I love the deeper flavor of the brown sugar with the blackberries. The sugar grains help bring out all of the mint oils and lime flavor while muddling.
If you don’t own a muddler, no worries. Neither do I. I use the end of a wooden spoon to do the trick.
The Bacardi rum blends with the mint, lime and blackberries to create a fruity mixture that is heavenly. The chilled club soda gives this rum cocktail the right amount of fizz. Served over ice, Blackberry Mojitos are a must-add to your summer mix.
More rum cocktails to try with Bacardi:
As always, Bacardi encourages you to Live Passionately, Drink Responsibly.
Think of all the Rum Mojito possibilities with Bacardi. Here are more fruity ideas to create your own signature mojito this summer:
- Pineapple + fresh orange juice = Tropical Mojito
- Mandarin oranges + grated ginger = Sweet Ginger Mojito
- Cherries + lemon = Pink Lemonade Mojito
More tips on making the best Blackberry Mojitos:
- Use chilled rum and club soda
- Add blackberries in the crushed ice for more fruit flavor
- Find the freshest mint possible (totally worth growing your own)
- Make them one at a time for best results (keeps the club soda from going flat)
We can’t wait for you to try this recipe for Blackberry Mojitos. Super refreshing and lightly sweet, this is the perfect rum cocktail to help you beat the heat this summer.
- 1.5 ounces Bacardi Superior White Rum
- 8 blackberries divided
- 3 lime wedges divided
- 4 mint leaves plus extra for garnish if desired
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 ounces club soda chilled, plus extra if desired
- crushed ice
- In a metal cup, add 5 of the blackberries, 2 of the lime wedges, the mint leaves and brown sugar. Muddle with the end of a wooden spoon, pressing the sugar into the lime and mint leaves to release the juice and mint oil.
- Add the rum to the metal cup, and muddle some more until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the chilled club soda into the cup and gently swirl.
- Pour the blackberry mojito mixture over chilled ice. Top with more club soda to reach the top of the glass if needed.
- Garnish with the remaining blackberries and lime wedge and a sprig of mint if desired. Serve immediately.