Ok, half of you probably wrinkled up your nose and thought "ewwww" when you read the word "Brussel Sprouts". But have you ever tried Roasted Brussel Sprouts? The other half of you have seen the light and your mouth started watering. If you don't like Brussel sprouts do me a favor. Try this once, and honestly tell me what you think. There is a comment section JUST FOR YOU to give your thoughts, and we want you to use it.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
I absolutely HATED Brussel sprouts when I was a kid. They were served at our school cafeteria...slimy...green...mushy...bland. Pretty disgusting. (This is by no means an insult to the fine ladies that fed me at school. Hard working ladies...just poor choice by the school system??)
These are not your lunch lady's Brussel sprouts, ok? Just trust me.
I think the key is not to overcook them, or they just taste gross. Prepared this way, the roasting sweetens their flavor and they have a little cabbage-y crunch to them. Sometimes, food just needs to be itself. Prepared simply to let their own great flavor come through.
- Brussel sprouts fresh
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Seasoning - We used an all purpose vegetable seasoning, but you can use salt + pepper.
Want to know how I know these are good? My kids eat them and ask for more. Kids. Brussel sprouts. Yes, this makes you feel like a super mom!
So set aside all of your Brussel hate and preconceptions and wipe that lunchroom memory out.
Awwww...how cute! They look like baby cabbages, and IMHO they are photogenic.
How to make Roasted Brussel Sprouts:
- Wash the sprouts and dry completely.
- Cut each Brussel sprout in half.
- In a bowl, toss with olive oil, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Flip the sprouts and roast for another 10 minutes.
Half the Brussel sprouts, toss in a bowl with olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning. Too easy, right?
Here are more great recipes for easy side dishes:
Okra Peppers + Vidalia
Savory Sage Winter Squash
Butter Basil Corn
Roast for 10 minutes, flip, then roast for another 10 minutes.
They are like beautiful little cabbages, and so healthy. This recipe highlights their flavor, and makes this an excellent side dish for any meal.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts are great with meatloaf and mashed potatoes, chicken and a salad, basically any dish that needs something special.
Love this post? Sign up for the Buy This Cook That Newsletter for a weekly email of new content. You can also follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram for our latest + greatest ideas!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1.5 pounds Brussel sprouts fresh
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon all purpose seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash Brussel sprouts, drain and pat dry. Cut each sprout in half.
- In a large bowl, toss the Brussels with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and seasoning. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then toss again.
- Spread evenly on a baking pan. Roast for 10 minutes, flip them over, and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Done to perfection!
Fixed these for supper tonight, AWESOME !!!!
Glad you liked them!
I'm a huge fan of braised Brussels sprouts, but must admit that I have never tried roasting them. You know how you get in your routines 🙂 I'm going to have to try these as my boyfriend and I love Brussels sprouts.
They are so good...even my kids like them. Someone suggested I wrap them in bacon next time. I will definitely have to try that. I have also seen recipes where they are tossed in a little balsamic before roasting. Love me some sprouts!