These Reuben Sliders are made with classic corned beef, sauerkraut, cheese, and a zippy homemade sandwich sauce. These mini deli-style sandwiches are an easy appetizer that will impress. Codeword: “addictive”.
Reuben Sliders = Tasty. Tiny. Delish!
Don’t you love a great Reuben sandwich? I do, and so does my fam. This classic deli-style sandwich combination is easily in my Top 10 Sandwiches of all time. In this easy recipe for Reuben Sliders, we are going to recreate that ultimate Reuben flavor in slider form.
I think Americans are sandwich geniuses. Especially when it comes to the original creation of the Reuben sandwich. Traditionally, this buttery grilled sandwich is assembled with layers of thinly sliced corned beef, briny sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Russian dressing between rye bread. Literal flavor explosion, right?
Ingredients Needed to Make Reuben Sliders:
- Brioche Slider Buns – If you can find small rye buns, use them. Or even those miniature rye toasts. To me, the best sliders have soft, slightly sweet buns. You can use King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, too.
- Corned Beef – Nothing quite compares to layers of savory, thinly-sliced corn beef on a slider.
- Sauerkraut – Tangy sauerkraut is a signature must-have on any Reuben.
- Provolone Cheese – You can certainly stick with the classic Swiss if you’d like, but I prefer the flavor of provolone.
- Reuben Sauce – We have you covered with a zesty (and easy) recipe for homemade Reuben sauce with horseradish.
- Buttery Topping – Whisk together our seasoned poppy seed butter to push this slider recipe over the top. YUM!
Reuben Sliders are a crowd-pleaser at parties, on game day, or even for dinner. We piled ours high with corned beef and plenty of our zippy sauce. If you want, you can also use your favorite bottle 1000 Island Dressing.
How to Make Reuben Sliders:
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together mayo, bottled chili sauce, dill pickle relish, horseradish, pepper, and spices until blended. Set aside. (Get the complete list of ingredients at the bottom of this post.)
- Drain the sauerkraut to remove any excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange the bottom of each slider bun on a baking pan or dish.
- Spread the bottom buns with half of the prepared sauce.
- Add a slice of cheese, top with layers of corned beef, sauerkraut, another slice of cheese.
- Spread the remaining sauce on the inside of the top slider bun, and place it on top.
- Whisk together melted butter, brown mustard, poppy seeds, and garlic powder. Brush over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the the cheese is melted and the buns are buttery-brown.
TIP: Use a baking pan with rimmed edges to keep any messes from dripping in the stove.
Traditionally, you might find caraway seeds in sauerkraut. You can replace the poppy seeds with caraway in the butter if you like that flavor. Me? I’m a sucker for poppy seed. Blended with golden butter, a little mustard for bite, and garlic powder, the butter topping drips down the sides of the sliders while baking.
More Sandwich + Slider Recipes You Might Like:
Tips + Ideas:
- Like a lot of sauce? Double the recipe for the Reuben sauce and serve additional on the side. (It is also great as a chip dip!)
- Save the dishes. This slider recipe goes from oven to serving all in one pan.
- My fave way to serve these sliders is with crunchy dill pickles and salty potato chips.
- This recipe can be made ahead of time, refrigerated, and baked right before serving.
Don’t you love easy recipes like this that take just a few minutes to assemble and a few more to bake? No one will be able to resist a warm, gooey bite of these Reuben Sliders.
For the Reuben Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp dill pickle relish or finely chopped dill pickles
- 2 tbsp bottled chili sauce ketchup type
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
For the Reuben Sliders:
- 12 slider rolls
- 12 slices Provolone cheese halved to make 24 small slices
- 1 1/2 lbs thinly-sliced corned beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut drained
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
For the Reuben Sauce:
- In a small bowl or cup, combine all ingredients until blended and set aside.
For the Reuben Sliders:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange the bottom slider bun in the bottom of a rimmed baking pan or sheet.
- Spread half of the prepared Reuben sauce on the bottom buns. Top with a piece of cheese.
- Evenly layer the corned beef, drained sauerkraut, and top with another piece of cheese.
- Spread the remaining sauce on the white side of the top slider bun. Place on top.
- Stir together the melted butter, mustard, poppy seeds, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush over the top of the sliders.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bun tops are buttery brown. Serve warm.