Is this a dessert? Is it breakfast? Do we really care? Absolutely not! Funfetti Cake Waffles are buttery and delicious. Perfect for any time. Dessert for breakfast, or breakfast for dessert = I’m in! This shortcut recipe to making waffles is a dream. Think of all the possibilities. Cake Waffles have opened my eyes to a whole new world.
Funfetti Cake Waffles. Breakfast or dessert? Who cares?
This breakfast recipe (or dessert recipe) is so easy. We have skipped all the steps of normal waffles (measuring out flour and baking powder, salt and soda and sugar).
When there is a perfectly good box cake mix in your pantry, there is no need for all the fuss.
The next time you spot some cake mix on sale, grab a box or two for the future you who wants cake batter waffles. For those sleepy-Sunday mornings when you want to surprise the kids. For Monday nights when you need a treat after dinner.
Whenever that waffle urge starts calling your name, this easy cake waffle recipe will be there.
[clickToTweet tweet="Easy to remember. Just remember 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 plus funfetti." quote="Easy to remember. Just remember 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 plus funfetti." theme="style3"]
Easy to remember. Just remember 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 plus funfetti.
Two cups of mix, two beaten eggs, 2 tablespoons of melted butter and 1 cup of milk. And funfetti. Boom. Waffles.
More Desserts disguised as Breakfast:
Any flavor and any variety of cake mix will do. For these Funfetti Cake Batter Waffles we used a plain white cake mix.
Don’t you love funfetti sprinkles? We love these awesome little funfetti stars.
May I take a moment here and share with you some crazy-good flavor combinations for cake waffles?
- Chocolate cake mix with chocolate chips = genius.
- Strawberry cake mix with fresh chopped berries = fruity.
- Lemon cake mix with powdered sugar icing = classic.
Let’s take this moment to realize that cake waffles are about to take your breakfast game to a whole new level.
Toppings are up to you. You can play it straight and use regular maple syrup. Excellent choice.
Or, dust a little powdered sugar over the top. Funfetti Cake Batter Waffles could also be topped with whipped cream and some candles…what a wonderful birthday breakfast that would be?!
What kind of cake batter waffles do you want to try? We would love to hear your flavor combinations in the comments below. This recipe makes about 8 - 10 regular sized waffles and is easily doubled.
Funfetti Cake Waffles
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, beaten eggs and butter by hand. Stir until just blended. Lumps are ok.
- Gently fold in the funfetti sprinkles.
- Heat a waffle iron. Spray with butter flavored non stick spray. Fill waffle iron about ⅔ full. The amount will depend on the size of your waffle iron.
- Close waffle iron and cook until the cake is cooked through and outside is golden brown. (Cooking time will vary on your waffle maker.)
- Serve warm.