This by far has been one of our favorite desserts to make. These Fresh Strawberry Tarts are made with quality store-bought puff pastry and ripe and sweet strawberries. Maybe one day we will try to make our own puff pastry, but when we weighed out our time vs the tasty store bought one…we went with the pre-made variety.
There is no shame in taking a short cut every now and then.
Oh, and home-made freezer jam. (Courtesy of my super sweet mother in law, Pattie.). These personal sized tarts are a tasty sweet-treat for dessert or breakfast.
Ready in less than 30 minutes. 🙂
Fresh Strawberry Tarts…perfect for dessert or breakfast.
Strawberries are one of those perfect fruits. Sweet. Tart. Great for dessert, the ideal snack, delicious for breakfast.
Oh and did we mention they are the perfect addition to these Fresh Strawberry Tarts.
We love to cook, and most of the time we are pretty good at it. However, we aren’t “make your own puff pastry good”. Besides, if we had to make homemade puff pastry, this would take way longer than 30 minutes.
The pastry shells for the Fresh Strawberry Tarts puff up (hence the name puff pastry) and turn a beautiful golden brown. So flaky and buttery. The perfect crust for fresh sweet strawberries.
If you’d like to make your own Puff Pastry, here is a fast tutorial from The Sophisticated Gourmet.
If you love easy desserts, try our Banan Pudding Cheesecake, Frozen Mocha Pie, or how about our Healthy Honey Citrus Salad.
Scoop out a little bit of the pastry and fill it with strawberry filling. We made ours using homemade strawberry jam. (Store bought jam will work, too.)
Carefully place 4 whole strawberries on top, and dust with powdered sugar. So pretty. So easy. So delicious.
Looks almost too good to eat, doesn’t it. (Almost. Trust me, you want to eat this.)
Fresh Strawberry Tarts
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 4 TB water
- 6 TB white sugar
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 32 whole strawberries
- Powdered sugar
- Let pastry sheets thaw according to package directions and unfold.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place thawed pastry on lined baking sheet. Cut into 8 squares (4 squares per sheet). On each pastry square, using your finger, wet the edges with water. Fold in each side about ½ an inch. Crimp the edges and corners with a fork.
- Wet the outside crust edges and sprinkle with sugar. Pierce the center of each pastry several times with a fork. Bake the pasty for 20 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Let cool completely.
- With a spoon, push down the center of each pastry, creating a well. Fill each pastry with approximately 2 tablespoons of strawberry jam.
- Arrange 4 strawberries on top of each jam filled tart, and dust lightly with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.