This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. The Waffle Bar Birthday Brunch tutorial, ideas, recipes and opinions are mine alone. #EggoWaffleBar #CollectiveBias
In this birthday party tutorial, we're going to share our ideas for a fun waffle bar birthday party. Perfect for teens, young adults, BFF's, and even mom. Who wouldn't love hanging out with their besties and enjoying waffles. BONUS: Get our FREE Birthday Brunch Printables to make your brunch party perfect.
How to Throw Your Own Waffle Bar Party
Let's Do Brunch is the theme for this fun + fresh Waffle Bar Birthday Brunch. Seriously, isn't brunch the perfect time for a fun birthday party? Plus, we've got three easy stress-free and delicious waffle recipes. Savory + Sweet + Savvy.
The inspiration for this fun birthday party tutorial? The Eggo Waffle Bar Truck Tour. The Eggo Waffle Bar Truck will be moving around the country. Head over to the EggoWaffleBar.com to find a truck near you and find even more delicious recipe inspiration with Eggo!
Our Birthday Brunch brings that fun concept home with Kellogg's Eggo Homestyle Waffles. We grabbed all of our ingredients and party decor in one place. It doesn't get much easier than this! (Or more delicious.)
Make someone's day special! Here are some fun ways to throw a Waffle Bar Birthday Brunch:
- Serve drinks in fun pitchers and containers. You can use vintage milk bottles, mason jars and more.
- Fresh flowers are a must. There's something about a burst of color that just makes the room happier.
- Repurpose items you already own. Cake platters are excellent for serving waffles. Jars and cups make excellent silverware holders.
- Serve waffle toppings and ingredients for everyone. Mix and match and make it your own way.
- Use eclectic elements to showcase your own style.
- Make your own themed invitations, table place cards, Waffle Bar Menu, gift tags and more.
Or you can download our FREE PRINTABLES. Click the images below to download.
For our Waffle Bar, we created 3 waffle recipes. The Savory, the Sweet, and the Savvy.
Waffle Bar Recipe: "The Savory"- Avocado + Sausage Waffle Tacos
If all four of those items made your eyes light up, then this fun + savory waffle recipe is for you.
How to make waffle "taco" shells:
- Heat your oven to package directions.
- Microwave the waffles on defrost setting for about 30 - 45 seconds until they are flexible.
- Turn a muffin pan or mini loaf pan upside down.
- Gently fold the waffles in half and place them in the pan grooves.
- Bake for about 5 - 6 minutes until golden.
How awesome are these? Top each waffle with a Banquet® Brown'N Serve™ Original Sausage link, your favorite shredded cheese, and our fast fresh avocado salsa.
Avocado Sausage Waffle Tacos - Waffle Bar Birthday Brunch
- 2 avocado chopped
- 2 tomato chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese finely shredded
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 8 links Banquet Brown N Serve Sausage
- 8 Eggo Homestyle Waffles
- Cut open avocado and remove pit. Score and slice the avocado flesh into cubes and scoop out into a medium sized bowl.
- Chop the tomato and add to the bowl. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime. Stir and season to taste and set aside.
- Prepare sausage links to package directions.
- Heat oven to waffle package directions. Defrost the frozen waffles for 30 - 45 seconds until soft and flexible. Invert a muffin pan or mini loaf pan. Fold the waffles into a taco shape and place in the pan grooves.
- Bake the waffles according to package time directions.
- To assemble each taco, place a link of sausage, top with cheese and the prepared avocado salsa.
Waffle Bar Recipe: "The Sweet" - Peanut Butter + Chocolate Waffle Ice Cream Sundaes
Wait, we aren't supposed to eat ice cream for breakfast!! No worries, girl. This is a birthday brunch, and I can think of nothing better on a waffle bar than ice cream and all the toppings.
Everyone can make their own waffle ice cream sundae exactly how they want.
How we made our brunch sundaes:
- In a small bowl, place heated waffle pieces in the bottom.
- Top with a thick layer of peanut butter honey. (Get that quick recipe at the bottom of this post made with Peter Pan® Peanut Butter.)
- Enjoy scoops of Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Add a little happy with HERSHEY'S + unleash the joy with Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping.
- Serve with a few more waffle pieces and dig in.
This smooth and creamy sundae with Breyers is the ultimate birthday treat. The ice cream is made with fresh cream, sugar + milk. And that bite of the ice cream, peanut butter, chocolate and waffle...happy birthday!!!
Peanut Butter + Chocolate Waffle Ice Cream Sundaes
- Eggo Homestyle Waffles
- Peter Pan Creamy Peanut Butter
- Breyer's Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- HERSHEYS Chocolate Syrup
- Reddi-wip Dairy Whipped Topping
- Heat waffles to package directions.
- Combine equal parts peanut butter + honey in a bowl until smooth.
- Assemble sundaes by placing pieces of waffle in bottom of a serving dish. Top with peanut butter + honey mixture.
- Top with scoops of ice cream.
- Finish with chocolate syrup and whipped topping as desired.
Waffle Bar Recipe: "The Savvy" - Pineapple + Coconut Waffle Skewers
Remember, one of the keys to a successful Waffle Bar Birthday Brunch is making sure there's something for everyone. These yummy Pineapple + Coconut Waffle Skewers are a fresh + fun brunch snack for party guests looking for something a little lighter.
Wanna know how we made these skewers?
- Cut heated waffles into small triangles.
- On each skewer or pick, alternate waffle - pineapple - waffle - pineapple. (We used Dole® Canned Pineapple.)
- Dip the finished skewer into chilled Chobani® Vanilla GREEK Yogurt.
- Next dip into toasted coconut. (Get the how-to at the end of this post.)
The healthy swap of Chobani® is awesome with the sweet pineapple and lightly toasted coconut flakes.
Pineapple + Coconut Waffle Skewers
- Unsweetened Organic Coconut Flakes
- Eggo Homestyle Waffles
- Dole Canned Pineapple Chunks drained
- Chobani Vanilla GREEK Yogurt
- In a small non stick skillet, heat the unsweetened coconut flakes over medium low heat. Stir very frequently. Cook and stir for about 3 - 5 minutes until lightly toasted. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat waffles according to package directions. Cut each waffle into small triangle shaped pieces.
- On a small skewer or large pick, assemble the skewers in this order: waffle triangle - pineapple chunk - waffle triangle - pineapple chunk.
- Dip one side of the skewers into the Greek yogurt. Then dip into the toasted coconut.
How will you create your own Waffle Party Creations? We'd love it if you'd rate our recipes in the comments below and share your own ideas for a Waffle Bar.