This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Homemade4TheHolidays #CollectiveBias
This time of year is about parties and preparation. Shopping and planning. Cooking and …well, let’s admit it, eating. You are going to love this EASY recipe for Vegetable Chicken Rice Casserole. Plus you make it once and get to eat 4 times. That’s right! This make ahead holiday dish idea is freezable. Make one for tonight and pop the other three in the freezer. This creamy chicken and rice casserole recipe is savory, comforting holiday goodness.
Easy Vegetable Chicken + Rice Casserole.
To me the holidays are about all of the things I love. Being with family and friends. Shopping and decorating. And…of course, cooking and eating. Sometimes the hustle and bustle of the holiday season can get ahead of me. But not this year.
We whipped together this creamy + savory Vegetable Chicken + Rice Casserole to make the holidays yummier.
And we may have had a little help from Sam’s Club, our favorite holiday shopping place for the holidays. You can get so many great deals on gifts, household items and food (plus all of the Sam’s Club Member exclusives).
Be sure to visit Sam’s Club during their annual holiday Taste of Sam’s event, there will be an opportunity for various in-store samplings! Swanson® Chicken Broth will be sampled along with Idahoan Mashed Potatoes on December 21st and 22nd.
Not only will you have a chance to sample dozens of products, but you will also be able to take advantage of the temporary price reduction of $1.50 OFF of Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup and Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup.
Hover over the image below to start shopping for Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup and Swanson® Chicken Broth.
To create this easy chicken and rice casserole, we used some of our classic casserole kings:
- Swanson® Chicken Broth 32 oz, available in handy 6 packs; in resealable cartons for all of your cooking needs
- Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup 10.5 oz, available in convenient pantry pack of 10
- Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup 10.5 oz, also available in a pantry pack of 10
Created with Swanson®, America’s #1 selling broth, this holiday chicken casserole recipe comes together so easily. Swanson® Chicken Broth contains no MSG, no artificial flavors or preservatives. The perfectly balanced flavor comes from farm raised chickens cooked with vegetables + herbs picked at the peak of freshness. (That’s why it tastes so good!)
We used the chicken broth not only to cook our rice with (extra chicken flavor), but we also stirred more into the casserole to keep it moist and creamy.
Have fun with this chicken rice casserole. Make it your OWN. Here are some recipe swaps:
- Use Mexican spices and a fiesta veggie mix and make it spicy.
- Leave out the chicken and double the veggies for an amazing vegetable casserole.
- Pick your favorite vegetables. We used peas, carrots and a California blend. But how awesome would bell peppers and onions be?
- Have leftover turkey? It is the holidays, and turkey would be perfect for this casserole recipe.
- Make half and half. Since this recipe makes four 8 x 8 sized casseroles, mix everything but the vegetables. Separate into two bowls. Then add one type of veggies to two of the casseroles. Then add another kind of veggie to the last two.
Get the complete step-by-step recipe at the end of this post.
Once everything is combined, distribute the casserole mixture evenly into four 8 x 8 pans. (Or you can likely stretch it into three 8 x 10 pans.) Top with a generous layer of shredded cheese (your favorite) is sprinkled over the top. My family also loves the crispy french fried onions, too.
I like to use the aluminum pans, especially when I’m not cooking all of the casseroles at one time. I cook the one I want now, then I wrap the others in double layers of foil and pop them in the freezer.
When you get ready to cook, just put them in the fridge to thaw before baking. (You can go straight from freezer to oven, but it will take a bit longer to reheat.)
How great is this Easy Vegetable Chicken Rice Casserole? Fast, easy, and super yummy. Grab everything you need at your local Sam’s Club and make these soon. One for now and three for later.
Perfect for potlucks, holiday parties, and busy holiday evenings.
Plus, when you buy at Sam’s Club, you always save big. You know what we are going to do with our extra Swanson® Chicken Broth and Campbell’s® Cream Soups?
These non-perishable food items are going to our local Food Bank for the holidays. We hope that these items from Swanson® and Campbell’s® help a family like ours enjoy a wonderful and wholesome meal during the holiday season.
Check out more Campbell’s® Cream Soups and Swanson® Broth holiday recipes and inspiration here.
Easy Vegetable Chicken + Rice Casserole (Cook Once, Eat 4 Times!)
- 6 cups of chopped or shredded COOKED chicken
- 2 cups long grain uncooked white rice
- 6 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth divided
- 2 10.5 ounce cans Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 10.5 ounce can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 24 ounces frozen vegetables peas + carrots, California blend, any
- 3/4 to 1 tablespoon all purpose seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups french fried onions optional
Prepare uncooked rice according to package directions, using 4 cups of chicken broth in place of the water. Set aside.
Spray four 8x8 inch pans with non stick spray. (Or three 8x10 inch pans.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Swanson® Chicken Broth, Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, vegetables, seasoning and pepper. Stir to combine well. Fold in 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
Evenly distribute the chicken + rice mixture into the prepared baking pans. Top each evenly with cheese and french fried onions if desired.
If baking now, bake uncovered for about 30 - 40 minutes until hot in the center and the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
To freeze, cover the baking pans with a lid or heavy duty aluminum foil. To cook, let the casserole thaw in the refrigerator before baking. Cooking time will be longer; heat until hot in the center.