This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ServingUpTheSeason #CollectiveBias
Spiced with the flavors of warm buttered spiced rum, fresh zesty oranges, cinnamon, nutmeg and more, you are not going to believe how amazing + easy this traditional dessert recipe is. You get the warm bread pudding, the slight crisp of brown sugar, then this rich spiced rum sauce drizzled over the top. This dessert recipe is one you will proudly serve at your holiday table.
Orange + Spiced Rum Bread Pudding.
Ok, some of you may be wondering why I would turn a perfectly delicious pound cake into another dessert. And you have every right to wonder. I mean a buttery and golden pound cake is one of life’s perfections. A cake purist’s dream.
Especially when you start with Marie Callender’s® Pound Cake Loaf Cake from your local Kroger. This pound cake is just like homemade and is easy to make. You can never go wrong with a classic buttery pound cake. Marie Callender’s is a Thanksgiving must-have.
(And of course we had to get our Reddi-Wip® Real Whipped Cream. We’ll tell you how we used it in the full recipe at the bottom of this post.)
Our Orange + Spiced Rum Bread Pudding started with a baked Marie Callender’s® Pound Cake Loaf Cake. So simple, we just followed the package directions and it was ready in 30 minutes. The fresh baked taste is exactly what we wanted.
The seasonal flavors are classic fall and will make your Thanksgiving meal even more special.
Be on the lookout for the four bakery-inspired flavors of Marie Callender’s® Loaf Cake in the freezer section of your local Kroger or Kroger Banner store.
- Marie Callender’s® Double Chocolate Chip Loaf Cake
- Marie’s Callender’s® Pound Cake Loaf Cake
- Marie Callender’s® Banana Nut Loaf Cake
- Marie Callender’s® Dutch Apple Loaf Cake
I know what you are thinking. Why didn’t you get the chocolate?! (Oh, don’t you worry. I did.)
To make this super-easy bread pudding, cut the pound cake into cubes. I like about 1 inch sized cake cubes, but feel free to cut them smaller if you prefer. Simply whisk together milk, FRESH orange juice, eggs, a splash (or two) of spiced rum and other ingredients and pour over the cake.
Let the cake absorb all of those delicious flavors, sprinkle with a generous amount of brown sugar and bake.
Oh. My. Bread Pudding, ya’ll. This has the perfectly golden baked flavor from the pound cake with the classic comfort of a bread pudding. A hint of fresh orange, a little spice. So, good.
But wait….there’s more. You can’t just serve it like this. Make our fast and easy Orange + Spiced Rum serving sauce made with fresh orange zest, spiced rum, butter and one of our all time favorites : Reddi-Wip.
The orange + rum sauce soaks into the pound cake and bread pudding and gives this holiday dessert that indulgent WOW flavor you expect.
So how will you eat your Orange + Spiced Rum Bread Pudding? Extra rum sauce?
Orange + Spiced Rum Bread Pudding
For the Bread Pudding
- 1 Marie Callendar's Pound Cake Loaf Cake
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 TB spiced rum good quality
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
For the Orange + Spiced Rum Sauce
- 1/4 cup spiced rum
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- Zest of one orange
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of allspice
- 1 cup Reddi-Wip topping
- Cook the pound cake to package directions. Cool and cut into 1 inch cubes. Place the cake cubes in the bottom of a buttered 8x11 baking dish and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, orange juice, 1/4 cup of white sugar, 1 tablespoon of rum, and vanilla until well combined. Pour over the cake cubes. Let sit for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the top with the brown sugar.
- Bake for about 35 - 40 minutes until the egg mixture has set. Remove from oven and keep warm.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the rum, butter, white sugar, orange zest and spices. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to simmer. Whisk in the dairy whipped topping until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat and serve the sauce over the warm bread pudding.