This post is sponsored by the Pet Care promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
Love to camp? So do we. We almost always take our dogs along on our outdoor adventures. There are a few things you must have when camping with dogs. In this post, we are going to share our best tips on creating a Pet Care Kit with the help of Publix so you and your doggies can make the most out of camping.
Camping with Dogs
Whether you are new to camping, or have a new dog, there are a few extras you have to consider when camping with pets. If you are in an RV or a tent, your home away from home is also going to be your dog’s home for a few days.
Take advantage of these savings offers at your local Publix and create your own personalized Pet Care Kit including food, snacks, and more.
Pick up the 10/10/20 Extra Savings flyer at Publix (or access online!) which will include the Pet Care promotion. If you don’t see the Extra Savings flyer in the kiosk at the store’s entrance, ask customer service for a flyer! You can also look for the at-shelf signs located throughout the store to see the savings included in the promotion.
Here are just a few of the items we picked for our Camping Care Kit:
|– Buy Any 1 Pedigree Dentastix Treats 5.26–6.07-oz and Get 1 FREE|
|– 2 for $6 Three Dog Bakery Treats 13-oz your choice|
|– $11.99 Purina One Dog Food 8-lb your choice|
Tips on Camping with Dogs:
- Check campground rules + regulations regarding dogs in advance of your trip so there are no surprises.
- Leashes are a must along with dog tie. Spiral leash anchors are inexpensive and come in handy. Consider a runner if staying a while.
- If you are camping for a week or more, consider adding a tag with your campsite number to your dog’s collar in case they get away from you.
- Never leave pet unattended.
- Don’t forget to pack clean up and potty supplies.
- Dog food and snacks are a must. This is where the Extra Savings at Publix comes in handy. You can pick up your dog’s favorite snacks and food while you are grocery shopping for your trip.
- Water! Bring bowl for water, consider a self-watering option if setting up for a while and if you have space.
- Treats are a must when trying to get dogs back to camp. Ours like to visit the neighbors. We picked up The Dog Bakery Carob Chip Cookies using the Extra Savings offer. Publix has our dogs’ favorite treats.
- Shaggy dogs? Bring a brush / little pair of scissors to cut out burrs and mats.
- Muddy? Pack extra towels for hosing off and drying.
- Light up collars make your pet easy to see at night.
- A comfy pet bed or a special blanket go a long way to make them feel comfortable in strange surroundings.
- Be aware of poisonous plants in the area.
- Watch for snakes, especially while hiking and exploring.
- Cold weather camping? If your dog is cold natured side, invest in a warming vest / booties.
- Don’t forget the dog toys to keep dogs entertained, exercised, and comforted while visiting new places.
As you can see, our corgis are more than a little spoiled. We love them so much, they are part of our family, and we want their camping adventures to be as fun as ours.
Sometimes that takes a few extra treats and pampering to make them feel at home in a new place. Thanks to Extra Savings at Publix, we can pick up everything our pets love.
We hope this post inspires you to get out and get active with your dogs on your next camping trip. They are family, too!
Don’t forget to check out the Extra Savings Flyer and find your favorite items at Publix.