If you are looking for a delicious food + wine gift idea for mom, this is the ONE. A thoughtful bundle with Butter Chardonnay from JaM Cellars and our homemade Marinated Cheddar Cheese Appetizer will win you status as “Mom’s favorite”. (You know, in case you weren’t her favorite already.)
Marinated Cheddar Cheese Appetizer + Butter Chardonnay
Ok guys, I have the best way to butter mom up. I mean, you are the reason she drinks wine in the first place, right? So why not give the gift of wine this Mother’s Day with this buttery Chardonnay from JaM Cellars?
Trust me, she will love you for it. Especially when you gift Butter with an edible foodie gift like this Marinated Cheddar Cheese Appetizer.
California wine with cheddar cheese makes the top gift list every time. Learn more about the JaM Cellars story and Butter here. Plus find where to buy Butter near you.
How to make this cheddar cheese appetizer:
- Cut your favorite types of sharp and extra sharp cheddar cheese into 1/2 inch cubes. Use two or three types for the best results.
- Combine fresh oregano, chives, garlic in a bowl with olive oil and white wine vinegar.
- Add salt, pepper, and Fresno chiles and a bit of sugar to round out the flavor.
- Pour the marinade over the cheese cubes.
- Cover and rest at room temperature for one hour. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Bring to room temperature before serving with your favorite crackers.
Note: Fresno chiles are not very hot, but add a nice flavor and pop of color. If you want, you can use red bell peppers or pimentos for a milder flavor. We thought the Fresno chiles were a nice touch with Butter.
This Marinated Cheddar Cheese appetizer recipe is the absolute best with this bright + buttery Chardonnay wine from JaM Cellars. The smooth fruity flavor is perfect with the savory-herb marinated cheese.
What inspired us to create this Mother’s Day wine + gift post is my sweet mother-in-law. Our favorite times together always involve great wine, good conversation and delicious food. She loves the same flavors that I do, and I know she will love the flavor of Butter.
JaM Cellars is the perfect choice to celebrate those you love.
I had so much fun making this recipe. Mostly because I was savoring every sip of my Butter. Hey, I’m a mom, too, and I couldn’t resist treating myself with the bold + fruity flavor of this Chardonnay. The flavor lingers with every drink and is so tasty with sharp cheddar.
Here are more ideas to make for mom that will be great with Butter:
Tips of making Mom the perfect Butter + Cheese gift:
- Keep it simple. It is the thought that counts. Mom will be so impressed you made her this delicious recipe and gave her the tastiest wine.
- Bundle Butter Chardonnay and your gift in a basket or box she can use again (to remember the occasion).
- Use a simple ribbon around your jar to make it pretty.
- Add a thoughtful card, her favorite chocolate, a new book to show her you really pay attention to the things she loves. (You can even throw in a snapshot of your beautiful face.)
- Buy a bottle of Butter Chardonnay for yourself so you don’t drink all of hers. 🙂 (Guilty as charged.)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Marinated Cheddar Cheese Appetizer
This easy yet sophisticated Marinated Cheddar Cheese Appetizer is perfect for parties and great for gifting. Made with a tangy marinade of olive oil, vinegar, minced garlic, fresh oregano and crushed Fresno chile peppers, this is a keeper recipe everyone will beg for.
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese cubes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano rough chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives rough chopped
- 2 dried Fresno chiles more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Arrange the cheddar cubes in an even layer in a shallow pan or baking dish.
In a small bowl or measuring glass, combine the remaining ingredients until well blended.
Pour the marinade over the cheddar cheese cubes. Cover and let rest at room temperature for one hour, then chill for several hours to overnight.
Transfer to a jar or serving platter and serve with crackers.
The olive oil in the marinade will harden during refrigeration. It will quickly melt at room temperature before serving.
Refrigerate left overs. Can be kept refrigerated for one week.