By now you have figured out that I am in a long-standing love affair with bacon. I mean, aren’t we all, really? You can take just about any recipe, add bacon to it, and it instantly becomes better. Like this BLT Cheese Ball. The cheese ball is a must have at parties and holiday gatherings, right?
Some are made with nuts; some without. Cheddar, cream cheese, green onions…some recipes are even made with pineapple. (OOOhhh…recipe idea forming : Hawaiian Cheese Ball. Stay tuned.) How can you go wrong with the tasty classic Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato combo?! You can’t. Last minute holiday recipe solved.
Need a last minute party recipe? This BLT Cheese Ball is IT!
This recipe was born from necessity.
- I needed a party recipe.
- I needed to use the bacon and spinach lettuce mix sitting in my fridge.
- I didn’t have a lot of extra money, so I really needed to use the ingredients I had on hand.
When you are faced with food challenges like this, your best bet is to go with what you love. A traditional recipe. Familiar flavors.
Bacon. Lettuce. Tomato. “Duh mom” moment. BLT Cheese Ball…so easy, so tasty, and fast!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Bacon. Lettuce. Tomato. ‘Duh mom’ moment. BLT Cheese Ball…so easy, so tasty, and fast!” quote=”Bacon. Lettuce. Tomato. ‘Duh mom’ moment. BLT Cheese Ball…so easy, so tasty, and fast!” theme=”style3″]
Crisp up the savory bacon, crumble, and stir into the softened cream cheese with a diced tomato (or your fave salsa).
Fold in finely chopped spinach mix, lettuce greens or whatever you have on hand. Then you simply mold into a ball shape or a wedge shape as shown.
Serve with your favorite crackers, bread, or toast tips and you have a wonderful party appetizer. Of course, on a pretty serving tray. Why didn’t we think of making a BLT Cheese Ball sooner?
Or how about our Fast + Easy Pizza Sliders or Veggie Pizza Appetizer?
For easy serving, allow the BLT Cheese Ball to soften to room temperature.
BLT Cheese Ball
- 2 8 oz blocks cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 8 strips cooked bacon finely chopped
- 1 to mato finely chopped
- 1 large handful fresh spinach / green lettuce mix finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Frank's hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Crackers pita chips, crusty bread, or toast tips for serving
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients (except the crackers). Use a rubber spatula or spoon to evenly distribute all ingredients.
- To shape into a ball, press the mixture into a medium sized bowl that has been sprayed with olive oil or butter flavored non stick spray.
- Invert onto a serving platter.
- Shape into the desired shape. You can leave it in a dome-shaped ball, or lightly flatten it (as shown in the recipe). Cover and refrigerate atleast 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, or crusty bread or toast tips.