The Coupon Queens and Bargain Betty's are probably going to rip me to shreds for this post, but that's ok. I hate coupons. Seriously. Even the digital online ones. I really do. BUT...I also hate spending too much money for groceries. So I've come up with my own stress-free Grocery Coupon Strategy to save $$$. Want in on it?
Find a Coupon Strategy That Works for You!
I don't know how to get the double coupons and walk out with items for 25 cents or anything like that. Well...that one time I did, but that's another post I'm going to tell you all about later.
I don't carry a coupon book, and I usually don't follow store sales. I don't super stock my pantry like I know many people do and save major bucks. Totally unprepared for doomsday, y'all.
Most of you can teach me a thing or two about maximizing my dollar with coupons.
Whether you are a coupon pro or never use them, you should start. You don’t have to be a master. Just look for coupons that will save you money on the things on your list.
Making a casserole? Dig through the coupons to find a deal on pasta, soup, and veggies. Working on your meal plans? (FREE ONES HERE!) Same thing.
Don’t buy something just because you have a coupon for it. And just because you have a coupon for it doesn’t make it a better deal than another brand. Shop smart.
Here is my personal 5-Step Stress-Free Coupon Strategy:
- Sign up for Store Loyalty Cards and Smartphone Apps (Kroger, Food Lion, Walmart...wherever you like to shop)
- Make my weekly meal plan and grocery list based on what is in my pantry, freezer.
- Log in ONLINE to the grocery store coupon site. Load every coupon that applies to anything on my grocery list. If I am buying pasta, I load them all. Frozen veggies, load all coupons from all brands.
- Browse through weekly newspaper coupons, mailed coupons. I cut out ONLY the coupons for items that I KNOW I am going to buy. Nothing else.
- Go shopping for WHAT IS ON MY LIST. Then when I am in the checkout line, I flip through my clipped paper coupons. Everything else comes off the store card as a digital coupon.
This is the easiest and least stressful way I have found to use coupons. I am only buying what I need. I pick the item that has the best value + taste for the price. Then I apply the coupons that I have.
TIP: Learn to love the grocery pick up. Seriously, load everything you need on your store app and choose a pick up time. Pull up, let the employee load your car and drive off into the sunset. REJOICE.
Want to Learn MORE Practical (and Stress Free) Ways to Save Money on Food? Take the 31-Day Grocery Budget Challenge.
It only takes 31 Days to see major savings. In this Printable Digital Book, you will get practical real-world tips and tricks on keeping your hard-earned money where it belongs -- in your pocket. CLICK HERE TO START
The Digital Download Includes:
--31 Days of Actionable Steps to Save You Money on Grocery Expenses
--FREE Printable Pantry Staples Shopping List
--FREE Seasonal Product Guide of What to Buy and When
--FREE Printable "Cheat Sheet" to Keep You On Track
How Do You Use Grocery Coupons?
Review your own couponing method. Does it work? Is it stressful? Do you ever even use your coupons?
Find a couponing solution that works for you. Here are some links to helpful strategies if you don't think mine will work for you.