This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and TUMS Sugar-Free. All opinions are mine alone. #TUMSSugarFree #PassTheTUMS #CollectiveBias
Salsa is one of the greatest foods ever, isn’t it? From fruit salsa to restaurant style salsa, the variations are endless. We know you are going to love this Zesty Garden Tomato Salsa recipe. Made from the freshest vegetables, ripe tomatoes and spicy peppers, this salsa is a burst of color and flavor.
How to Make Fresh Zesty Garden Tomato Salsa
Whether you get your fresh produce from your local grocer, farmer’s market or straight out of the garden, you have got to try this easy tomato salsa recipe. The fresh and zesty flavor of ripe tomatoes blends with the onions, garlic, peppers, cilantro and lime juice for bite after bite of wow.
But I will warn you, this recipe might give you a little heartburn. (We’ll show you why in just a second.)
No worries, new TUMS Sugar-Free has all the extra-strength power of TUMS without the sugar. This way you can enjoy all of your healthy summer veggies and manage occasional heartburn discomfort. (These are a savior in our home. I have a tendency to get a little spicy and my husband keeps TUMS Sugar-Free around for relief that starts in seconds.)
To me, the best thing about this salsa recipe is that it takes very little effort to create an amazing tomato salsa. The vegetables are the star ingredient. The seasonings that we add only enhance their flavor.
Combine chopped tomatoes, bell pepper, and onions. Add in finely diced jalapeno, cilantro, garlic. Season to taste with sea salt, black pepper and ground cumin for a little kick.
Oh. I almost forgot. The habanero. That’s right. This spicy little pepper brings major flavor and heat to this fresh Garden Tomato Salsa. Add one, or add two. You control the heat. I recommend removing the seeds to keep the fresh tomato flavor. Leaving the seeds in will let the habanero overpower the recipe.
This is where the TUMS Sugar-Free (the #1 pharmacist recommended antacid brand) comes in. If the acidity of the tomatoes, lime juice or even the garlic or peppers get to you, TUMS provides fast heartburn relief.
We picked up our TUMS at our local Walgreens. You can find them at Target, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, and Amazon. Click here to get an exclusive Coupon Offer to try TUMS Sugar-Free.
Enjoy the seasonal foods that you love.
And I LOVE this salsa!
You will want to let the salsa sit at room temperature for an hour. That’s the hard part. Waiting. But trust me, it is totally worth it. The salt brings out all of the tangy flavor of the ripe tomatoes and blends with the garlic, cilantro, lime juice and peppers. All this yumminess is magic in a bowl.
Here are more spicy recipes you will love:
Quick Recap on How to Make Fresh Tomato Salsa:
- Combine all vegetables in a bowl.
- Add lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and seasonings.
- Stir to combine.
- Rest at room temperature for an hour.
- Serve with your favorite chips or as a topping for tacos, quesadillas, and more.
Get the exact ingredients and amounts at the bottom of this post.
Do you love fresh salsa? What are your favorite salsa ingredients? We would love to hear what you love in the comments below.
Here are some more stir-in ideas for this tomato salsa:
- Use red and orange bell peppers for more color
- Stir in fresh kernel corn for natural sweetness without adding sugar
- If you can find them, yellow tomatoes have a lower acidity and will produce a mellower flavor
- Add a pinch or two of cayenne and chili powder for even more bold flavor
- Fresh peaches make a sweet + spicy combo that is out-of-this-world good
*Refer to the TUMS bottles for full directions, and use as directed.
Zesty Garden Tomato Salsa
- 3 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 1 habanero seeded and finely diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Combine all ingredients. Rest at room temperature for at least one hour. Refrigerate any leftovers.