Spicy Jamaican Slaw Recipe
A crunchy sweet + spicy Jamaican cole slaw recipe that is a bright and colorful side dish.
- 4 cups green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced sweet peppers
- 1 carrot peeled and shredded
- 1/4 of an onion thinly sliced
- 3 TB BBQ sauce
- 2 TB water
- 2 TB white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB mayo
- 1 TB honey
- 1/2 TB Jamaican dry spice blend
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onions, carrot, and peppers. Add Jamaican spice blend, black pepper and salt.
In a small bowl, whisk together BBQ sauce, water, vinegar and mayo. Pour liquid over vegetables, and toss and stir to coat well.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 52kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1375IU | Vitamin C: 47.7mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 0.6mg