Crave Worthy Udon Noodle Ginger Soup
A slurp worthy soup of satisfying udon noodles in a mushroom and ginger broth.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 green onions thinly sliced, white parts and green parts separated
- 1 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms any
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 15 ounces JSL Fortune Udon Noodles
- Soy sauce to taste
- Sriracha sauce for garnish
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
In a large sauce pan or pot, heat vegetable oil on medium high. Stir in the grated ginger, garlic, white part of the onions, and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes until the garlic is golden and the ginger is aromatic. (The smell is amazing.)
Add the fresh sliced mushrooms and stir. Pour the chicken broth over the top and stir in the rice wine vinegar.
Bring to a low boil and add the JSL Fortune Udon Noodles. Boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer.
Season with soy sauce as desired.
Serve hot and garnish with Sriracha and fresh cilantro as desired.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1499mg | Potassium: 427mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 24.3mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg