CLICK HERE TO PRINT THIS WEEK'S MEAL PLAN + SHOPPING LIST
|☐||½ cup||basil leaves|
|☐||4 cups||beef broth, low sodium|
|☐||¼ cup||black olives|
|☐||2 tablespoons||bottled chili sauce (ketchup type)|
|☐||15 ounces||canned chili (any)|
|☐||8 cups||canned white beans|
|☐||3 ½ cups||cheddar cheese, shredded|
|☐||3||chicken breasts, boneless, skinless|
|☐||5 cups||chicken broth|
|☐||3 cups||chopped, cooked chicken|
|☐||1 cup||cilantro (or fresh spinach)|
|☐||1 ½ pounds||corned beef, thinly sliced|
|☐||16 ounces||cream cheese|
|☐||28 ounces||crushed tomatoes|
|☐||14.5 ounces||diced tomatoes|
|☐||8||flour tortillas, 10 inch|
|☐||2||green bell pepper|
|☐||½ tablespoon||hot chicken seasoning / cayenne pepper|
|☐||½ cup||hot sauce|
|☐||3 cups||iceberg lettuce, shredded|
|☐||24 ounces||jarred tomato pasta sauce|
|☐||2 pounds||lean ground beef|
|☐||¾ cup||long grain rice, uncooked|
|☐||2 cups||mild green chiles, undrained|
|☐||½ cup||Parmesan cheese, shredded|
|☐||16 ounces||penne pasta, uncooked|
|☐||½ cup||pickled jalapeno slices|
|☐||2 teaspoons||prepared horseradish|
|☐||12 slices||Provolone cheese|
|☐||1||red bell pepper|
|☐||15 ounces||refried beans|
|☐||6 cups||tortilla chips|
|☐||1 cup||whole milk|
Grab a tasty Reuben Sliders! Deli sliced corned beef, gooey cheese, zesty kraut, tangy homemade sandwich sauce, AND a buttery slider roll. You KNOW these are gonna be great.
For the Reuben Sauce:
For the Reuben Sauce:
- In a small bowl or cup, combine all ingredients until blended and set aside.
For the Reuben Sliders:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Arrange the bottom slider bun in the bottom of a rimmed baking pan or sheet.
- Spread half of the prepared Reuben sauce on the bottom buns. Top with a piece of cheese.
- Evenly layer the corned beef, drained sauerkraut, and top with another piece of cheese.
- Spread the remaining sauce on the white side of the top slider bun. Place on top.
- Stir together the melted butter, mustard, poppy seeds, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush over the top of the sliders.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bun tops are buttery brown. Serve warm.
Serving: 1SliderCalories: 378kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 16gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 1106mgPotassium: 231mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 315IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 181mgIron: 2mg
Basil Tomato Shrimp Pasta
Tender shrimp simmered in an easy tomato-basil sauce with fresh zucchini, penne pasta, and Parmesan cheese.
- 16 ounces penne pasta dry, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini halved lengthwise, sliced
- 12 ounces shrimp uncooked, peeled, deveined, tail off
- 24 ounces Prego® Garden Chunky Sauce or other red variety
- ½ cup basil leaves fresh, loosely packed, rough chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded, plus additional for serving
- First, prepare penne pasta in boiling water to package directions for al dente. Drain (do NOT rinse), set aside.
- Next, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high. Saute the sliced zucchini until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- Then, stir in the uncooked shrimp. Cook and stir frequently until the shrimp is pink. This will take about 5 minutes (more or less depending on the size of the shrimp).
- Reduce heat to low and carefully pour in the Prego® Garden Chunky sauce. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh, chopped basil and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Fold in the prepared penne pasta and heat through.
- Serve immediately with more Parmesan cheese if desired.
Serving: 1gCalories: 283kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 21gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 1172mgPotassium: 553mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 727IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 210mgIron: 4mg
Nashville Hot Chicken Wraps
Bold and tangy flavors wrapped around tender, spicy chicken. These addictive game day hot chicken wraps are perfect for the big game.
- Cut the chicken in half lengthwise. Slice each chicken half into thin strips.
- Sprinkle the hot chicken seasoning over the chicken. Toss to coat all sides.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium high heat. Add a third of the seasoned chicken. Cook until golden brown on both sides and the center is no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a covered dish. Repeat with the other two portions of butter and chicken.
- When the chicken is cooked, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and hot sauce in a large bowl. Fold in the cooked chicken.
- Warm the flour tortillas. Assemble each hot chicken wrap by adding a portion of the hot chicken and cheese mixture to the center of a tortilla. Top with shredded lettuce. Fold the sides in and fold the chicken wrap over on itself.
- To serve, cut each wrap in half. Serve with celery sticks and ranch dressing if desired.
Nutritional information is based on half a wrap made as described in the recipe, and does not include the addition of celery or ranch dressing.
Serving: 1half wrapCalories: 220kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 14gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 503mgPotassium: 242mgFiber: 0gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 475IUVitamin C: 6.4mgCalcium: 143mgIron: 1mg
White Chicken Chili
Loaded with creamy white beans, tender chicken, and perfectly spiced, this White Chicken Chili recipe is hearty and filling.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast cut into ½ sized cubes (or 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups mild green chiles undrained
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 64 ounces canned white beans any variety, drained and rinsed (equivalent to four normal sized cans or 8 cups)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup cilantro more or less to taste (may also substitute fresh, chopped spinach)
- In a large pot or dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the onions and garlic and cook for 7 minutes until golden and tender.
- Stir in the cubed chicken. Add the cumin, chili powder, oregano, white pepper, and HALF of the salt. Cook and stir until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add the undrained green chiles. Gradually stir in the chicken broth, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a low boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid and stir in the drained and rinsed beans, milk, and cilantro. Heat through and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with chopped tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, corn chips, and sour cream if desired.
Nutritional information does NOT include toppings.
Serving: 1gCalories: 292kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 24gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 755mgPotassium: 1064mgFiber: 8gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 310IUVitamin C: 16.8mgCalcium: 163mgIron: 5.7mg
Skillet Chili Cheese Dip
Layers of beans, chili, cheese and fresh toppings make this game-winning dip super-delicious!
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- With a spoon, spread the beans in the bottom of a large cast iron skillet, 8x8 disposable aluminum pan, or baking dish. Spread the salsa over the top.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks, and sprinkle them evenly on top of the salsa. Pour the chili over the top. Cover all with the cheddar cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 45 minutes until the edges are bubbly and the cream cheese is melted through.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, green onions, jalapeños, and black olives.
- Serve warm with your favorite chips.
Serving: 1gCalories: 967kcalCarbohydrates: 99gProtein: 27gFat: 54gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 2171mgPotassium: 813mgFiber: 14gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1806IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 526mgIron: 7mg
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Wholesome, hearty, and full of flavor, this easy recipe for stuffed pepper soup is a family favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 onion peeled, diced
- 2 green bell peppers seeded, diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon salt to taste
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 14.5 ounces diced canned tomatoes undrained
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth low sodium
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce to taste
- ¾ cup long grain rice uncooked, brown or white
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Stir in the minced garlic. When you start to smell the garlic, add the ground beef and onions. Crumble and stir to combine.
- Add the diced bell peppers. Cook and stir the beef and vegetables for 7 minutes or until the beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in the parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Carefully pour in the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, beef stock, and water.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring frequently. Taste and add the worcestershire and soy sauces to preference.
- Reduce heat and lower to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for another 10 to 15 minutes until the rice is tender. Stir frequently so the rice does not stick.
- Serve hot.
Add more water as needed after you add the rice based on how thin or thick you want your soup.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 218kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 20gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 730mgPotassium: 677mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 566IUVitamin C: 40mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 4mg
Notes about This Week's Meal Plan:
- Each recipe makes at least 6 servings. Most make more.
- Feel free to switch the meals and days around to fit your schedule and mood.
- Use any leftover fresh veggies to create a simple tossed salad to serve with one of the meals.