If you like pasta salad, you will L-O-V-E love Balsamic Tortellini Pasta Salad. This fast and easy pasta recipe is full of flavor, and lightly dressed with a classic balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing. Every bite is a mouthful of different flavors. One forkful is a cheese-stuffed tortellini with a tangy tomato and savory salami. The next bite, fresh cucumber, red onion and roasted red pepper. This balsamic tortellini salad is an excellent side dish but hearty enough to make a complete meal.
Balsamic Tortellini Pasta Salad
Simple. That’s what I love about this Balsamic Tortellini Pasta Salad. But wow you get tons of flavor.
But here’s the thing about balsamic vinegar. You can over do it. It is a very strong flavor that can overpower a dish.
We were careful with this pasta salad recipe to use just the right balance of vinegar and olive oil to highlight the other ingredients.
We also love making recipes that are adaptable. Don’t like salami? Try it with pepperoni or leave it out. Not a fan of roasted red peppers? Use green bell peppers, banana peppers, or how about sliced olives?
Have fun with this Balsamic Tortellini Pasta Salad recipe. Use your favorite colorful vegetables or what you have on hand.
Just chop up the ingredients, stir in the drained pasta and toss with balsamic and olive oil. (Get the full recipe at the end of this post.) You will have this recipe together in less than 30 minutes!
This makes such a wonderful side dish to your family’s meal. We had our tortellini pasta salad with roasted chicken and asparagus.
Full of cheese-filled pasta, healthy veggies and meat, it is perfect for lunch, too. So many delicious flavors in this Balsamic Tortellini Pasta Salad. You taste the ingredients, not just the dressing.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Delicious flavors in Tortellini Pasta Salad. Taste the ingredients, not just the dressing.” quote=”So many delicious flavors in this Balsamic Tortellini Pasta Salad. You taste the ingredients, not just the dressing.” theme=”style3″]
Here are some meal suggestions to go with this tortellini salad.
Balsamic Tortellini Salad
- 1 lb package refrigerated cheese tortellini pasta
- 3/4 cup yellow cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup red cherry tomatoes halves
- 4 oz salami sliced
- 1 small cucumber seeded, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper sliced
- 1 TB fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add 1 cup of ice cubes to the colander, toss and let chill while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, stir together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients.
- Remove ice pieces from the pasta. Shake to remove any excess liquid. Add the pasta to the bowl of vegetables and salami. Stir to combine.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar mixture over the tortellini salad, Toss and stir to coat well.
- Serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.