Four ingredients, folks. Don't you love hearing that? Taco Crescent Rolls are perfect for busy nights or a weekend snack. It is one of those go-to recipes when you are thinking "What in the world are we going to eat tonight?!!" Simple, easy, and super yum. (Kids dig it.)
Taco Crescent Rolls are fast, easy, and delicious.
So there I was, driving home after a long day at work. I really didn't want to cook, but I knew I had to. If not, we would all starve. (Know the feeling?)
P.S. There's nothing like coming home to see your kid eating a can of pinto beans to lay on the guilt!
My goal was to cook something yummy, easy, fast, and everyone in my home would eat with no complaint. Tacos are my usual go-to meal on nights like this, but I was out of lettuce and tomatoes.
Earlier in the week, this girl (that's me), scored a nice deal at the local grocery store on crescent rolls.
So why not Taco Crescent Rolls? Yeah, why not?
We browned some ground beef, and seasoned it with just HALF package of taco seasoning mix. You can use the whole pack if you want, but sometimes this makes the meat too salty for our preference.
I would like to take this moment to thank the inventor of canned crescent rolls.
Yummy, affordable, and you can make so many things with them.
(Mini pie shells, Mountain Dew Dumplings, side bread, and of course, Taco Crescent Rolls.)
[clickToTweet tweet="I would like to take this moment to thank the inventor of canned crescent rolls. Yummy, affordable, and you can make so many things with them." quote="I would like to take this moment to thank the inventor of canned crescent rolls. Yummy, affordable, and you can make so many things with them." theme="style3"]
Each triangle of dough gets a heaping tablespoon of seasoned ground beef and a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese. (Shred your own. Saves $$.)
Just roll them up. Don't worry they don't have to be pretty. Trust me, they will taste just as good. (This isn't Food Network, this is my kitchen. )
See? Check out this ugly one. It tasted JUST LIKE the pretty one. 🙂
Throw these lovely (or not so lovely) little Taco Crescent Rolls into the oven for just a few minutes and dinner is served.
Perfect as is, but if you like to dip serve with your favorite salsa and sour cream. Our Fresh Guacamole would be awesome, too!
Too easy, right?
Taco Crescent Rolls
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ package of taco seasoning mix
- 16 crescent rolls 2 packages
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook ground beef over medium high until no longer pink. Stir in half a package of dry taco seasoning mix. Combine well.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, unroll and separate crescent rolls into triangles. On the large end of the triangle, spoon 1 tablespoon of the cooked beef and top evenly with cheese.
- Carefully fold the smaller end over the large end then wrap it around. Form into curved crescent shape, sealed side down.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa. Makes 16 rolls.
Leave a Reply