This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MySummerSweets #CollectiveBias
Cold and creamy vanilla ice cream topped with sweet grilled peaches is possibly the best summer dessert treat ever. Surprise your family with this delicious combination of flavors for a cook-out they will never forget. A few minute on the grill brings out the sweet peachy flavor of summer for the perfect ice cream topping.
Grilled Peaches are a step closer to heaven…
This recipe reminds me so much of my honeymoon. My husband and I went on a 10 day camping trip through Tennessee and North Carolina. One of our favorite things about the trip was coming up with each night’s meal. We stopped at local markets and roadside fruit stands and at night, we would grill up the day’s treasures.
Once such pit stop was at a stand of fresh summer peaches in East Tennessee. They were so plump and juicy, sticky and sweet. Most of them did not even make it to camp.
My husband treated me to the best dessert ever. Grilled peaches. He simply sliced them in half, removed the pit, and popped them on the grill. That’s it. The slow grilling brings out the sweetest flavor of the peach and puts them on a whole new heavenly level of good.
How to make Summer Sundaes with Sweet Grilled Peaches
For this summer sundae recipe, I wanted to recreate that memory over ice cream. When your family sees you walk out with this combo, they know something yummy is about to happen. Grab everything you need for this recipe in the Dairy + Ice Cream section at your local Walmart.
Blue Bunny is always a fun-filled ice cream for pure enjoyment in any flavor. And no summer ice cream sundae is complete without the extra dollop of Reddi-wip fun.
You can leave your peaches on for just a little while to heat them up. Or, if you really love that grilled flavor like I do, leave them on longer. The actual cooking time is up to the cooking temperature, the size and firmness of your peach, and your preference of softness.
Here is a quick step-by-step how to:
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees, then lower the temperature to around 325 – 350. If you cannot adjust your grill temperature, cook over indirect heat.
- Wash fresh peaches and pat dry.
- Using a small knife, cut the peaches in half.
- Remove the peach pits.
- If the peaches are juicy, place them cut side down on the grill. If the peaches are more firm, you can brush them lightly with melted butter or lemon juice first.
- Cook for a few minutes, rotating every couple of minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Serve warm.
Look at the color on these peaches. Gorgeous + tasty. The flavor of the peaches is perfect with the cool and creamy ice cream. Here is a list of more fruits that are excellent when grilled and make perfect toppings for your summer sundae:
These Summer Sundaes with Sweet Grilled Peaches are the perfect finish to a grilled meal. Just pop the fresh peaches on the grill while it is still warm, and in a few minutes you have a special treat.
If you want a little extra wow to your Blue Bunny Summer Sundae, make this Grilled Peach topping:
- In a small saucepan, stir together butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add chopped grilled peaches.
- Heat over medium, cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Drizzle over the top of your summer sundae and finish with Reddi-wip. YUM!
Get the complete ingredient list at the bottom of this post.
Pile your summer sundae as high as you want with layers of warm, grilled peaches, vanilla Blue Bunny ice cream, and Reddi-wip topping for a yummy summer dessert.
More dessert ideas you are going to love:
Can you think of more ways to top your Blue Bunny Ice Cream this summer? We’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below. 🙂
Summer Sundaes + Sweet Grilled Peaches
- 4 peaches
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 lemon juice + zest
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3 cups Blue Bunny Vanilla Ice Cream more as desired
- 1 cup Reddi-wip Topping more as desired
- Heat grill to 400 degrees. Lower temperature to around 350.
- Wash peaches and dry them. Cut each peach in half and remove the peach pits.
- If the peaches are not juicy, lightly brush the cut side of each peach with lemon juice or melted butter. Place the peaches cut side down on the grill.
- Cook the peaches to desired doneness, rotating every minute or two.
For the Grilled Peach Topping
- Chop two grilled peach halves.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the brown sugar, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt.
- Stir in the chopped peaches. Heat the mixture and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Keep warm until serving.
To Assemble the Summer Sundaes
- In a small bowl, place a grilled peach half in the bottom.
- Top each peach with 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream and a serving of whipped topping.
- Drizzle the grilled peach topping over the top and serve immediately.