Do you ever have a monster craving for a monster Cobb salad? A big, yummy salad full of meat and crunchy veggies and yummy goodies? Or how about an awesome grilled steak salad?
Or let’s just combine the two and do what we do!
Our Grilled Steak Salad screams summer dinner. (The veggies are talking to me again.) Fast to cook on the grill, full of fresh vegetables. Filling, but healthy. I could eat a salad like this every day.
Grilled Steak Salad, Cobb Style…when you just won’t settle for a wimpy salad.
This isn’t so much a recipe as it is an idea. Everyone has their favorite salad toppings; their own favorite dressing.
Our combination of veggies and marinated sirloin was amazing.
The crisp crunchy bell peppers and radishes, the savory salty bacon, the tender perfectly cooked steak…ok, it may be steak salad time again tonight.
Oh, and let us not forget the eggs and avocado. Tons of flavor and protein in this Steak Salad.
Here are more great recipes you should try featuring fresh and healthy-ish ingredients:
We not only wanted our steak salad to taste great, we wanted it to look fantastic, too. (This also entices the hubby and kids to eat healthy salads, too.)
So we used veggies with different colors, lined them on a pretty plate Cobb Salad style. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
Let your kids build their own little Steak Cobb Salads, and have fun helping you cook.
We topped our steak salads with a little of our BBQ ranch salad dressing (recipe included at the bottom of this post).
This Grilled Steak Salad is a fast, easy weeknight meal idea, too. Just marinate your steak the night before, toss it on the grill for a few minutes. Slice and go for it. (Or, you can use left over steak from a previous meal.)
This Grilled Steak Salad is a fast, easy weeknight meal idea, too. Just marinate your steak the night before, toss it on the grill for a few minutes. Slice and go for it. (Or, you can use left over steak from a previous meal.)Click To Tweet
Grilled Steak Salad Recipe
A filling and delicious salad full of lean marinated grilled sirloin steak, chopped vegetables, eggs, bacon and avocado, topped with an easy homemade BBQ Ranch Dressing.
- 2 pounds sirloin steak
- 1/2 cup favorite marinade
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 pint container cherry tomatoes quartered or halved
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 4 hardboiled eggs sliced
- 6 pieces bacon crispy
- 10 radishes sliced
- 3 green onions sliced
BBQ Ranch Dressing
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place steak in a plastic container and cover with marinade. Refrigerate for 1 hour - overnight. Grill to desired doneness. Let rest, and slice before serving.
- Serve with the listed salad ingredients, lined up on a plate. Or, use your favorite salad toppings.
- In a small bowl or jar, combine all salad dressing ingredients. Whisk or shake until well blended. Refrigerate before serving.
(This recipe is easily adaptable to various serving sizes. The ingredients below are guidelines, feel free to use smaller or greater quantities of each item. Our salad served a family of four for dinner, and we had two leftover lunches)