This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions, recipes and ideas are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
Crazy-good dinner idea. You are not going to believe how easy this recipe for Spanish Style Pork Pepper Sandwich Wraps is. Minimum effort + maximum flavor. This weeknight dinner idea features tender strips of marinated lean pork wrapped with roasted sweet peppers and topped with Spanish rice and greens.
Spanish Style Pork & Pepper Sandwich Wraps
So juicy and colorful, this sandwich wrap may quickly become your new favorite meal. Plus, you can have this recipe on the table before the kids finish their homework.
We have partnered with Smithfield®to create this simple but tasty new recipe. Seriously, you have to try these Spanish Style Pork Pepper Sandwich Wraps. My husband L-O-V-E-D these.
The best part? You don’t have to worry about seasonings and sauces. Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork is marinated for delicious flavor with no effort from you. Simply pick your favorite flavor, cook, and eat. That’s Real Flavor Real Fast.
Why can’t everything be this easy?
For these sandwich wraps, we picked Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black pepper. The garlic and pepper flavor is exactly what we wanted to pair with the sweet and smoky roasted bell peppers and onions.
This recipe for pork pepper wraps would work with any flavor:
- Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Loin Filet
- Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Loin Filet
- Smithfield Slow Smoked Mesquite Flavor Loin Filet
- Smithfield Original Recipe Loin Filet
- Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Herb Sirloin
- Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Peppercorn Tenderloin
- Smithfield Slow Roasted Golden Rotisserie Tenderloin
- Smithfield Marinated Sweet & Smoky Pork Roast
- Smithfield Marinated Homestyle Pork Roast
- Smithfield Marinated Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
Pick a couple of Smithfield® Fresh Marinated Pork products up at your local Walmart for an affordable, sensible and delicious dinner.
First, layer colorful strips of sweet peppers and sliced onions on a shallow baking sheet. Be sure to use one with sides. You can pick all one color, or mix it up like we did. We are trying to “eat the rainbow” and incorporate more veggies into our family meals. Plus, don’t these peppers look gorgeous?
Place a wire rack directly on top of the vegetables. Yep, right on top. Then, unwrap the marinated pork tenderloin and lay it on the wire rack.
Yep. We are doing double duty. Why mess up more than one pan, right?
Pop this beauty in the oven and very soon you will be enjoying your pork and pepper sandwich wraps.
When the pork is done (about 35 – 45 minutes), remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest. You want the pork to soak up all of the juices. Cutting the meat too soon is a no-no.
*Note: Cooking times will vary based on your oven and the size of your tenderloin. ALWAYS refer to package directions for cooking instructions. We recommend using a digital meat thermometer to test doneness.
Slice the beautiful pork, and time to wrap. See? Real Flavor Real Fast.
Spread your sandwich wraps or large tortillas with a little mayo or topping of your choice. Then add fresh lettuce or greens and Spanish rice. Make a bed of roasted peppers, then top with the yum-yum pork loin.
For more color and flavor, add some sliced olives.
More easy recipes using lean pork:
Follow Smithfield® on Facebook for more easy recipe ideas and inspiration to make your weeknight routine easier.
Carefully wrap, slice, and eat. These were so yum. This is one of my favorite new recipes, and I can’t wait to make these Spanish Style Pork Pepper Sandwich Wraps again. Oh, the possibilities.
Spanish Style Pork Pepper Sandwich Wraps
- 1.5 lb Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Peppercorn Tenderloin
- 3 sweet bell peppers any color, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow onion peeled and sliced
- 8 large tortillas or sandwich wraps
- 2 cups package Spanish Rice mix prepared to package directions
- Leaf lettuce red leaf, Romaine, etc
- 1 TB olive oil
- Mayo optional
- Sliced olives optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle a shallow baking pan with the olive oil. Arrange the sliced peppers and onions in a single layer on top of the oil.
- Place the marinated pork tenderloin on a wire rack. Sit it directly on top of the peppers and onions.
- Place the pork and peppers in the oven on the center rack. Bake for approximately 35 - 40 minutes. Remove from oven, and cover with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the pork. Assemble each wrap with a thin layer of mayo, topped with fresh lettuce, roasted peppers and onions, Spanish rice, sliced olives and tender pork.
- Fold and wrap. Slice and enjoy!