Peanut Butter Cocoa Cookies. Is this the perfect combination in a cookie or what? This easy cookie recipe is perfect for impatient people. Why? Less than 10 minutes of preparation. Less than 10 minutes to bake. You can go from zero to snack-happy in less than 20 minutes!
Peanut Butter Cocoa Cookies are the perfect snack cookie.
Snack cookie. Yep, my brother called it. Peanut butter and chocolate is a combination just about everyone loves.
Perfectly sweet, a little salty from the peanut butter, and just the right amount of chocolate…these Peanut Butter Cocoa Cookies make and bake in less than 20 minutes for your snacking pleasure.
These delicious cookies are so simple to make. Totally worth the little bit of effort to see the 'YAY COOKIES!' look from your family 🙂Click To Tweet
These delicious cookies are so simple to make. Totally worth the little bit of effort to see the “YAY COOKIES!” look from your family 🙂
With a stand mixer or hand mixer, combine the ingredients. (See complete instructions at the bottom of this post.)
Looking for cookies? Try our Cranberry Almond Cookies and our
Then gradually add the flour and cocoa mixture. Mix until the dough comes together.
Form into balls and place 1 1/2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. (We love this one from Pampered Chef. You know how some pans like to warp in the oven when they get hot? This one does not do that.)
You can slightly mash the cookies if you want. We did a traditional fork criss-cross pattern. (I think it is printed in the Food Bible somewhere that peanut butter cookies must have this.)
Now here is the important part : Bake for no longer than 8 minutes. Anything longer than 8 minutes and they can turn out dry.
Depending on your oven, you may have to test this. I err on the side of caution and pull the Peanut Butter Cookies out of the oven at about 7 1/2 minutes.
Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Totally easy cookie recipe!
Best served warm with a tall, cold glass of milk. Peanut Butter Cocoa Cookie heaven.
Snack away, my friends.
Peanut Butter Cocoa Cookies
A delicious and crumbly snack cookie with the perfect flavor combo of peanut butter and chocolate.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the remaining ingredients with a mixer until creamy. Gradually mix in the flour and cocoa mixture. Beat until the cookie dough is moist and comes together.
- Using a tablespoon or teaspoon (depending on how large you want your cookies), scoop out even sized amounts. Form into a ball and place onto a cookie sheet 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Mash slightly with a fork to flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 350 degrees for 7 - 8 minutes. Remove from the oven. After 1 minute, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.