I may or may not have this love of all things cheesecake-y. Love is an understatement. Obsession is far more accurate. Yes, the title reads Mini Fruit Fluff Trifles, but does anyone want to guess what the “fluff” tastes like?
This super EASY dessert is so fast to make. Simple layers of pound cake, fruit and cheesecake fluff make a perfectly indulgent dessert that will make your family smile.
And a fun way to use seasonal fruit.
Mini Fruit Fluff Trifles…when you want your very own dessert! No …seriously, you don’t have to share.
These Mini Fruit Fluff Trifles are so yummy and easy (and fun) to make. BONUS: you can really change them up. I mean…if you want to. These are just about perfect as is.
For our dessert recipe we started with cubed pound cake. But who is to say you couldn’t make this with regular cake? Or leftover muffins? You could totally make this with angel food cake.
Plus you can really have fun and use different cake flavors. Chocolate, strawberry…the variations of these Mini Fruit Fluff Trifles are seriously unlimited.
Oh, and let’s not forget about the fruit. We went with citrusy-sweet mandarin oranges, fresh tart blackberries, and sliced sugary strawberries. (I have a PhD in fruity descriptions.)
Feel free to use your favorite fruit. Here are some suggestions that we are going to try next (THINK COLOR and FLAVOR):
- Peach, pineapple and blueberry
- Kiwi, strawberry and banana
- Raspberry, honey dew melon, and mango (why not?)
Our cheesecake fluff recipe is light in texture but creamy and rich in flavor. We used vanilla extract but you can also use orange, lemon or almond extract to change the flavor.
Just layer cake, fruit, and cheesecake fluff until your favorite dessert cups are filled to the top! We used these awesome stemless wine glasses for our Mini Fruit Fluff Trifles. (But you can use anything you’d like…how about a small mason jar?)
Um…not to interrupt our own post…but have you tried our Strawberries & Cream Sugar Cookie Sandwiches?
More treats to enjoy:
Too pretty, right? (Oh, and they taste great, too.)
Mini Fruit & Fluff Trifles
- 4 - 5 cups of loosely packed cake cubes we used one small bakery pound cake
- 1 14 oz can of mandarin oranges in natural juice drained
- 8 oz fresh blackberries rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup of reserved juice from the oranges
- 12 oz whipped topping 1 and 1/2 standard size bowls
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer on medium speed for about 4 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, and add half of the whipped topping. Blend until creamy. Fold in the remaining whipped topping. Spoon the topping into a pastry bag with a star tip. Set aside.
- In individual serving dishes, place cake cubes (1/4 to 1/2 cup) in the bottom. Gently press them down with a spoon. Add a layer of mandarin oranges and top with a swirl of cheesecake / whipped topping "fluff".
- Add another layer of cake cubes, press down slightly. Add a layer of blackberries and fluff. Repeat with strawberries.
- Evenly divide the mandarin orange juice between the serving dishes, pouring it over the cake and fruit. Top the trifle dessert with a final layer of fluff.
- Refrigerate before serving.