This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveWhatsReal #CollectiveBias
We've got a surprise for you! How about a creamy and dreamy Fresh Homemade Strawberry Milkshake? This delicious twist on a classic treat is made with wholesome milk, sweet strawberries, and a few surprises. The inspiration for this fun dessert? My husband and his famous strawberry shakes. Well, maybe they are only famous in our home. Hmmm....
Who Wants a Fresh Homemade Strawberry Milkshake?
I absolutely love it when my husband makes us all a milkshake. There is something about a creamy-sweet cold glass of ice cream and milk that takes me back to childhood. Especially when someone else makes it, right?
Any time Bryan comes home with a container of strawberry ice cream, we know what is about to happen: MILKSHAKES. 🙂 When he makes one for himself, then the whole family is like "Oh, I want one!". Poor guy, he is literally in the kitchen for 30 minutes, hand blending each and every milkshake until he finally gets to make his own.
I've told him a million times to use my handheld immersion blender to make the shakes faster, but he insists that they taste better when they are stirred by hand. (I'm not going to argue with that.)
Of course the key ingredient in ANY milkshake is cold milk. Our family drinks milk on a regular basis and I use it in so many of my favorite recipes. (And in my morning cup of joe, of course.)
Milk is one of the original farm-to-table foods. Wholesome and affordable, milk is nutritious. Did you know milk is a top source of calcium, Vitamin D, and potassium?
My husband's recipe for a strawberry milkshake is super simple and has two ingredient: quality strawberry ice cream and ice cold, creamy whole milk. Hard to beat that combination. The simple sweet flavor of the strawberries shines through and the cold milk is refreshing. But you know me...I like to get in the kitchen and create.
For my twist on a strawberry milkshake, my goal was to get a fresher flavor and pack it with more nutrients.
Ingredients for Strawberry Milkshake:
- Whole milk - We used 8 ounces of ice cold whole cow's milk for this recipe. Nothing else will do.
- Strawberries - Two whole cups of fresh, sliced strawberries went into this recipe. Lots of flavor!
- Strawberry ice cream - Pick your fave.
- Greek yogurt - Greek yogurt adds creaminess and richness with a boost of protein.
- Honey - Raw honey is a natural sweetener that is great for perking up the milkshake to your desired sweetness. Use a little or use a lot, up to you and the natural sweetness in your berries.
- Vanilla - Just a splash of vanilla adds a depth of flavor that is yummy.
- Chocolate + sprinkles - A totally optional but fun way to make your family moment special
The greek yogurt, ice cream, vanilla extract and lovely berries are whipped together with the milk until nice and frothy.
TIP: Taste the strawberry milkshake BEFORE adding the honey to decide how much you'd like to add.
How to Make this Fresh Homemade Strawberry Milkshake:
- If using chocolate and sprinkles, melt the chocolate in a small bowl. Measure out sprinkles in a shallow dish.
- Dip the rim of your glass in the chocolate. Then dip in the sprinkles. Place the glasses in the fridge.
- In a blender or very large blender cup, add the milk, strawberries, ice cream, yogurt and vanilla.
- Pulse and blend until the shake is smooth and creamy.
- Taste the milkshake, then add the honey until the shake is your desired sweetness.
- Pour the strawberry milkshake into the prepared, chilled glasses and serve with a straw!
How fun is this!! Smooth and creamy and bursting with fresh berry flavor, this milkshake is so good.
More recipes with Milk:
More Tips + Variations on Making Milkshakes:
- Make sure your milk is super ice cold.
- You can also use a handheld immersion blender to whip up the shake.
- Use white chocolate or colored candy melts to add your personal flair.
- Chill those milkshake glasses to keep your drink cold.
- Try it with other fresh berries such as blueberries or blackberries.
- Whip up a batch of these milkshakes for your girlfriends and serve them in champagne flutes with fresh fruit garnish for a surprising twist.
Recipes and memories like this can only be created using milk. Wholesome and nutritious, milk is part of our every day lives and moments that matter. Moments as simple as enjoying milkshakes together.
Here's YOUR chance to enter the Love What's Real Sweepstakes. You can win a year's supply of FREE milk. Enter between 01/22/2019 and 02/28/2019. How to enter? Simply post a photo on Instagram showcasing your “Love What’s Real” milk moment (photo must include milk) and include the hashtags #LoveWhatsReal and #Sweepstakes.
No Purchase Necessary. Ends 2/28/19. Click here for official rules.
Now, time to decide which strawberry milkshake our daughter loves the most: Mine or Dad's?
Fresh Homemade Strawberry Milkshake
- Melt chocolate in a shallow bowl in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between each time until smooth.
- Pour sprinkles in a shallow dish. Dip the rim of each glass into the chocolate, and then into the sprinkles. Chill the glasses in the refrigerator while blending the milkshakes.
- In a blender or large blending cup, add the milk, strawberries, ice cream, yogurt, and vanilla. Pulse and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste the milkshake, then add honey to your desired preference.
- Pour the milkshakes into the chilled glasses and serve with a straw.