I am in LOVE with this at-home recipe for French Vanilla Cappuccino. The best part is there is no fancy equipment required. Ok…that’s not the BEST part. The absolute yummy-best part is wrapping your hands around a steaming mug of hot homemade cappuccino, flavored with French vanilla and sprinkled with peppermint.
And love. Definitely sprinkled with love.
French Vanilla Cappuccino
After one sip of this delicious hot coffee drink, I decided to add “Barista” to my resume. Seriously, once you try this French Vanilla Cappuccino at home, you’ll know why. It is so easy, so…heavenly. I may never leave home again.
Yes. Cappuccinos are happening in a big way in my home this winter season.
How to Make French Vanilla Cappuccino:
Traditionally, cappuccino is made with espresso and pressure steamed milk. However, the secret is out: you can make it at home with a delicious cup of strong-brewed French vanilla coffee and hot milk on the stove.
All it takes for this gourmet French Vanilla drink is a few ingredients. Here’s what you will need:
- French Vanilla Coffee – in grounds or in K-Cups
- Milk – 2% or whole
- Vanilla – just a splash
- Brown sugar – how much is up to you
- Handheld blender – can also use an electric mixer
- Metal cup – bet you can do it in anything, though
- Coffee mug – only your favorite will do
First step is to brew your French vanilla coffee as desired. Keep it hot and ready to go.
Next, heat milk with a splash of vanilla on the stove top. You want to heat it slowly, gradually increasing the temperature until it is steamy and bubbly. Stir it frequently, you don’t want it to stick. (Get complete ingredient amounts and instructions in the recipe at the bottom of this post.)
Once the milk is bubbly, turn the heat off and stir in the brown sugar until dissolved. Me? I like one teaspoon, but feel free to add more or less. (Also a great part about this French Vanilla Cappuccino recipe – you control the sweetness.)
Very carefully pour the steamed milk and vanilla mixture into a metal cup. Why metal? It keeps the milk hot. If you don’t have a metal cup, use a thick walled glass cup.
Using a hand held immersion blender, whip the steamed milk into a froth. This takes only a couple of minutes. The more air you work into it, the frothier it will be.
Be very careful, the mixture is hot.
More Inspiration from Buy This Cook That:
Pour yourself a half mug full of hot French vanilla coffee. Then fill to the top with the sweetened hot milk. Generously spoon the bubbly froth on top.
Need more froth? Just whip the milk mixture some more with the immersion blender.
Isn’t this gorgeous? Perfect for enjoying during the holidays, too. For fun, we sprinkled crushed sugar peppermint candies on top.
French Vanilla Cappuccino is creamy, with just the right amount of sweetness. Plus the full bodied flavor of the coffee is perfect for coffee lovers. It smells divine, with hints of vanilla and coffee bean and peppermint.
*le sigh* I think I’ll make another one and practice my latte art.
What is your favorite all-time coffee drink? We’d love to hear, so share a comment below this post.
French Vanilla Cappuccino
- 8 ounces French Vanilla Coffee strong brewed, divided
- 1 cup milk 2% or whole
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/8 cup peppermint candy crushed, optional
- Brew coffee to desired strength. Keep hot.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and vanilla over medium low heat. Stir and cook until bubbly, for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Remove the milk from heat and stir in the brown sugar until dissolved.
- Pour the sweetened hot milk into a metal or glass cup. Using a handheld immersion blender, whip the milk until frothy. Incorporate as much air as possible for the most froth.
- Pour the brewed coffee evenly into two coffee mugs. Fill each to the top with the hot milk mixture. Spoon froth over the top.
- Sprinkle the top of each cappuccino with crushed peppermint candies if desired. Serve hot.