If you are looking for an easy and delicious meal, this is it! Our One Pan Chicken Dinner features marinated chicken cutlets, seasoned potatoes and fresh asparagus.
This is a great weeknight recipe, or on the weekends when you don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
Oh and did we mention how fast clean up is? Roasted all in one pan, this is a dream recipe.
One Pan Chicken Dinner
Mix up your marinade ingredients. Feel free to experiment using items from your kitchen pantry.
Is it just me, or are chicken breasts in the grocery store crazy huge? I mean, what planet are these chickens from? For this recipe, I fed my entire family with 2 (yes 2) chicken breasts. Depending on which planet your chickens come from, you may have to use 4.
Slice the breasts lengthwise into cutlet or strip sized pieces. Place in marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
While the breasts are soaking up the yummy marinade, chop up your potatoes. Place them on a shallow baking pan with a rim, and toss with oil and seasoning.
Place the marinated chicken cutlets on top of the potatoes, and bake for 30 minutes.
Prepare the asparagus by washing, drying, and break the woody ends off. I just grab a small handful, and wrap my hand around the main stem, and gently bend the hard ends until they snap. (They will snap at the right place.)
After 30 minutes, place the asparagus on pan. Tilt the pan and toss the asparagus in the oil and cooking juices. Add more oil if needed and add salt and pepper.
Return to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the asparagus is crisp-tender, the potatoes are cooked and the chicken juices run clear.
Let rest for a few minutes then time to eat! One Pan Chicken Dinner is done.
Chicken Recipes to Try:
One Pan Chicken Dinner
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 TB honey
- 1 TB mustard any kind
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt free seasoning blend OR 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
Chicken & Vegetables
- 2-4 chicken breasts boneless & skinless
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 TB olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a shallow rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with non stick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise into cutlet or strip sized pieces. Place chicken in the bowl of marinade. Coat all chicken pieces well, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- Wash and scrub potatoes and dry. Cut into medium sized chunks and place onto the baking sheet. Toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste, and stir to coat. Move them to one side of the pan, leaving enough space for the asparagus.
- Place the marinated chicken on top of the potatoes. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Wash and dry asparagus and cut or break off the hard ends. Set aside.
- Remove chicken and potatoes from the oven. Place the asparagus on the pan. Tilt pan so the cooking juices and oil run into the asparagus. Toss to coat well, and use the additional tablespoon of olive oil if needed. Season with additional salt & pepper.
- Return pan to the oven, and cook for 10-15 minutes until the asparagus is crisp-tender, potatoes are done and chicken juices run clear.
- Rest for 5 minutes and serve.