Morning...hungry. Cereal...ugh. What do you do when the refrigerator gives you taco leftovers? You make Breakfast Quesadillas.
Wake up stomach, here they come.
You will love these amazing Breakfast Quesadillas
This is an easy one, guys. You can use whatever toppings you want. Just add some scrambled eggs so we can call it breakfast. We had Essential Black Beans, some Mexican Rice, already seasoned ground beef and more.
I think this is awesome for a make-ahead recipe for weekday breakfast on the go. Or a perfect lunch for work. Or at 3:27 in the afternoon. HA!
Add just a little oil to your medium-hot skillet, place your tortilla, then layer up your ingredients. Next time, I am going to try these with whole grain tortillas to make them healthier.
Top with probably too much cheese, and another tortilla.
Adding eggs to quesadillas automatically qualifies this as breakfast, right?
Use whatever ingredients you have on hand. Fresh tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos...whatever you love.
Cheese, don't forget the cheese. The true definition of a quesadilla is a tortilla filled with cheese and heated. So don't hold back on these tasty breakfast quesadillas.
Toast until evenly brown. Flip carefully with a large spatula. Eat.
More great ways to start your day:
Serve your breakfast quesadillas with guacamole, salsa, some Siracha, and sour cream if you'd like.
Breakfast is served!
- 3 eggs scrambled
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoon oil divided
- 8 medium sized soft tortillas
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup ground beef leftover from tacos
- ½ cup Mexican rice
- ½ cup salsa
- 4 teaspoon chopped red onion
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Toppings as desired
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium low heat. Scramble three eggs. Set aside.
- Mash the black beans slightly with a fork. Set aside.
- Wipe out the pan, and increase heat to medium. Add ½ teaspoon of the oil. Place one tortilla in the skillet, and with your hand move the tortilla around in the pan in a circular motion to spread the oil.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of beans evenly on the tortilla. Add 2 tablespoons of seasoned ground beef. Top with ¼ portion of the scrambled eggs. Continue layering evenly, using 2 tablespoons of rice, 2 tablespoons of salsa, and 1 teaspoon of onions. The last layer should be ¼ cup of shredded cheese, then top with another tortilla. Mash down slightly.
- Cook the tortilla until the bottom is lightly browned. Carefully flip the quesadilla with a spatula, and continue to cook until the other side is lightly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Allow to cool slightly, cut into quarters and serve with your favorite toppings.
- Makes 4 quesadillas.